• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner

Daz.t

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got my dragon George on Monday this week he is a male and 2yrs old he is off his food is that due to settling in causing stress if so how long will this last. I have never had a dragon before so it's all a learning experience form me.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WelcometoBDF2.jpg
Acclimation can last as much as a week to 10 days, other than feeding & maintenance, minimal handling during this time is recommended to make the transition as stress free as possible.
An absolute minimum 40 Gal breeder tank is required to house an adult BD, Bigger is Better.
Example of a Basic Setup: Showing the recommended Basic requirements, proper Temperatures & the points at which they should be measured from in Red & the optional choices that are actually used in this particular example enclosure, in Black.

BDsetup-1.jpg
Here are some links with pertinent information that you may find very helpful & answer the majority of your questions. Read them over, if there are things that you don't understand or have further questions, feel free to ask.
Good Luck

Pat B

Super Moderator
Welcome to BDF. He will eat when he is hungry. Beardies need time to adjust to their new living conditions. Make sure food is available especially the greens. If my beardie doesn't eat within 10 - 15 minutes I remove the food....crickets or worms. They are strange little lizards....they seem to know what they need....food, heat, basking and when they are shedding it's another ballgame....:D Good luck and ask away with any questions or concerns:rolleyes:

Pat B

Super Moderator
That is ok....he knows where he needs to sleep. Mine always hides in a corner and I just let him be.

Daz.t

Bearded Dragon Egg
George is more active this morning he is on the hunt he has eaten a couple of crickets and is hunting for more

Pat B

Super Moderator
George is more active this morning he is on the hunt he has eaten a couple of crickets and is hunting for more
That is good....sounds like he is getting used to his new home. It just takes time for him to get used to new surroundings. You are doing well with George. Keep asking questions if you aren't sure about something....:D

Latest posts