• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Owner! :D

mobob214

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I got my first BD yesterday. It's a normal breed as far as skin texture goes but it is orange a lot like the one in the picture of the bigger dragon trying to eat it through the enclosure on here I'm sure everyone has seen. I have it in a 55 gallon tank currently. It never seems to leave the log that I have for made as a basking spot under the normal lamp and the uvb bulb not even at night. I have a night light that I leave on all the time just to keep the tank warmer at night because it gets fairly chilly at night. Am I doing anything wrong or is my dragon just taking time to acclimate? Also how often should dusted crickets be fed to a baby. I know they need fed twice a day but I wasn't sure if the crickets should be dusted both meals a day.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I only dust the cricket once a day I could be wrong
I wouldn't use the light at night for heat at night if you need to use is Ceramic heater give out heat but no light.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2e.jpg

All feeders should be dusted because the majority of the feeders & foods that we feed have a low calcium to phosphorous ratio.

Night heat is only required if your night ambient room temps drop below the mid to low 60s F. Only if this is the case, a CHE (Ceramic Heat Emitter = Heat with no light emitted) should be used on a dimmer switch to control the heat to just take the edge off. BDs should be allowed to cool at night, slows their metabolism down for a good nights sleep. Lights of any color at night, red, black, blue, purple, it doesn't matter, will bother most BDs sleep.

A few good links to help get you started ...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start

Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Thanks for clearing that I didn't know all this time I was doing wrong with Jessie well I know I should dust both feeding for rudy then. Sorry for giving the wrong info on the dusting

mobob214

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you Germ! and Bouncer we all make mistakes that's why we have this site to help us all along the way xD

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Mobob214 what does xD mean I've seen before but don't what it mean

Latest posts