• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner concerns

Leanna

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello! I just got a new little beardie yesterday and I have a few concerns. I know that they carry salmonella and after they're handled, hands should be washed thoroughly. My little guy likes to crawl under my shirt to keep warm. Do I need to scrub everything he touches? I'm still a little paranoid at this point I guess. Thanks!

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Its good to keep in mind though. If you have the dragon around your sinks or food prep areas, make sure to clean very well after. If you have children, make sure they wash their hands well after, etc

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Keeping good hygiene in his enclosure is really important so cleaning up after his messes and cleaning him takes care of most of it..

Latest posts