• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Mother

Kota

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all my name is Kota. I've had an iguana before who got a nice four feet long. He recently passed away and we got two bearded dragons. I've never had bearded dragons before so any tips would nice. The male is axanthic and he's nine inches. The female is red and 9.5 inches I'm guessing they are about four months old some one please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm also wondering how much axanthics usually cost. Romeo, the male, is a lazy eater, he doesn't want to chase it around but the other one goes frantic ratting anything she can catch. I'm not sure if there is something wrong with him or not.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum and to beardies.. Please take a look at the links that you'll find below several of our comments as we have put together info for new comers on general care and food links.. Likely yours is going thru a what we call relocation stress from getting a new home, this should go away in a bit they won't starve themselves. It can also be housing issues what are their enclosures like?

Kota

Bearded Dragon Egg
I did as much research as I could before we got them. So I think I have a pretty good setup for em. I have them in a 50 gallon with some basking stones and a stick setup across the tank they also have a little hiding cave thing. They seem to be just warm enough and I have both a uvb and basking light and then a night light I move in later for them. We got them together so we have them together right now until we can get another good tank in about 2 weeks. We had one in the garage but didn't realize it was cracked. :(

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I did as much research as I could before we got them. So I think I have a pretty good setup for em. I have them in a 50 gallon with some basking stones and a stick setup across the tank they also have a little hiding cave thing. They seem to be just warm enough and I have both a uvb and basking light and then a night light I move in later for them. We got them together so we have them together right now until we can get another good tank in about 2 weeks. We had one in the garage but didn't realize it was cracked. :(

Make sure that you keep an eye on them and they have plenty of basking area for both of them until you are able to get the other tank things can go bad quickly. Especially around feeding time..
You don't need any night light as it is bad on their eyes and it keeps them from fully sleeping as they can see all colors and it keeps their eyes from constricting properly. And shadows are given keeping them alert, as long as it doesn't fall below 65F none is needed if it does then get a CHE for heat only.

Latest posts