• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Kittens

Bahamut

Bearded Dragon Egg
I adopted some kittens from my friend who wasn't able to care for them and I'm not too sure how to deal with them. They're lovely kittens but still shy and aren't too keen on using a litterbox. Any advice on how to train them or get them more used to people? I'm new to this so any advice helps!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
When we first got our oldest cat she was about 12 weeks old or so. For the first week we kept her in the bathroom at night with a litter box and a little bed with a hot water bottle wrapped with a soft blanket, she would curl up on it and go to sleep. I think the warmth comforted her.

It's been 17 years since she's been a kitten so I don't really remember what else we did. How old are they? I think a good thing to do would be to get a real good stick toy. A stick with a string and something attached to the end of it. That's always a good bet to bring them out of their shell. We just bought a great one for our other cat, she's 15, and she will play with it for hours if we don't tire out first. It was a little expensive but worth the money, I think it was called Nekko fly or something like that.

Bahamut

Bearded Dragon Egg
They're really small, maybe 8 weeks at the maximum I think. I'm setting up a vet appointment for them within the next week and picking up more toys as I'm going along :)
I haven't tried putting them in the bathroom, will definitely do that!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Maybe leave the radio on or tv on when you aren't home to help them get used to voices.

Do you have pictures? I bet they are adorable!

Bahamut

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is Cloud, he's the smaller of the two, but super friendly and is already letting me pet him and relaxes around us. The other kitty is still too shy for us to pick up much and certainly won't let us take pictures of him yet :(

uploadfromtaptalk1430965366392.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1430965380220.jpg

Bahamut

Bearded Dragon Egg
Speak of the devil, the dark grey one is Captain Knuckles. He jumped up and is hanging out with me. Still not letting me pet him, but it's a start!

uploadfromtaptalk1430965992161.jpg

Latest posts