• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new here need help!

dgrout

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey all im new here and just picked up my beardie yeaterday evening been doimg alot of research and finally got one. Anyway the previous owner had her since a baby shes 2 now and always kept her on orange calci sand. :( im switching that first. The problem is her feet galf her legs and her whole bottom side are orange stained I guess you could say. Is there anything I can do or will she stay this way? Also she has some shed stuck around in some places I soaked her last night it helped some. Any other tips for this. Thanks in advance for any help

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good for you! The orange will go away in time. Don't peel the shed. try soaking her again in a couple of days. You can use a Q-tip to apply a little bit of oil – I recommend coconut. A little bit. Easy does it. Welcome. We love pictures

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
The staining will go away as she sheds. It might take awhile but it will happen. To help with the stuck shed, what Canicke recommended is a good idea. There is also a product called Reptile Shedding aid by ZooMed that works real good.

dgrout

Bearded Dragon Egg
Good for you! The orange will go away in time. Don't peel the shed. try soaking her again in a couple of days. You can use a Q-tip to apply a little bit of oil – I recommend coconut. A little bit. Easy does it. Welcome. We love pictures
I will deffinately get some pics up in an introduction when I get home from work tonight. And thanks for help I will give it a try

dgrout

Bearded Dragon Egg
The staining will go away as she sheds. It might take awhile but it will happen. To help with the stuck shed, what Canicke recommended is a good idea. There is also a product called Reptile Shedding aid by ZooMed that works real good.
I got some to come off while soaking her In luke warm water I will try both of those tips and see what works best thank you

Latest posts