• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New gecko's enclosure

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here are pics of the new gecko's enclosure. She will be arriving on Friday. If I missed anything please let me know(I'll add a calcium dish once she's here). I misplaced my temp gun but once I find it I'll check temps.

DSCF1469.jpg

DSCF1468.jpg

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Damp hide and water bowl are the only things I actually see missing from this picture...
Also, you might want to think about a slippery surfaced container, that is shallow, to feed the geck his/her insects.

Other than that, it looks right nice, Corrine. The sides covered is a nice touch !
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
there actually is a water bowl in there it's the rock looking thing in the corner. I will add a damp hide. I have to buy a dish to make it out of lol. I'll look for a small feeding dish as well. it's only a ten gallon tank tho so i'm trying to save some room. Im in the process of looking for a larger tank. My local pet store wants a rediculas price. They have a 20 long that's cracked and they still want $40 for it.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Too bad you're not closer. I've got about 6.

Tank looks good. i use the glad disposable bowls (sandwich size) for humid hides. Paper towel in the bottom of it. The plastic makes a nice steamy retreat.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i'm going to walmart between shifts so i'll get some then. I used a coolwhip bowl for Chester with papertowel in the bottom he loves it. He also gave me quite a scare the other morning. I went to take him out and I looked under and inside all of his hides...he was no where to be found. In the middle of my panic I remembered that a piece of the tile is slightly elevated probably 1/4 inch off the bottom, so I lifted it up and sure enough there he was.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh yes.......a cool whip bowl would work great too. Same basic theory there.

LOL..........they're such hiders at times.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
temps are raniging from 75.6-85.7 is that good or does it need to be warmer?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well she won't be coming this week. MY area is forcast to get a lot of snow and the breeder and I don't want to ship her and risk her getting delayed. So as much as I want to have her home I have to be patient.

Latest posts