• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New from Florida

Equus

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi I am new here. The main reason I am here is because I have two bearded dragons I got from Petsmart. I do need to sell them, but since I don't know how long that will take I should probably learn as much as possible about them (I know i probably should have done that before getting them, but it was an impulse buy :/. ) We have had them for about June I believe. They are in a 40 gallon tank and one is growing rapidly, the other is slowly growing. I am open to any advice people are willing to give about anything and everything.:)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
6.jpg

The only thing I have to say is that they should be separated immediately & could very well be the cause of the smaller one's slower growth.
Housing Beardies Together aka 'Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation A Good Plan?'

Bk7

Hatchling Dragon
Yes I am new to the forum but have done a lot of research an it seems when U house two beardies together it causes one to become the dominant dragon and it will grow a lot faster because he eats first then allows the other submissive dragon to ear after it. So yea u might want to separate them as soon as u can

One beardie. Four corns. One ball python. One Costa Rican boa.

Equus

Bearded Dragon Egg
That's what I kind of figured, but I have watched them eat and the smaller one tends to eat more than the bigger one. I will see what I can do about separating them.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
One being bigger than the other doesn't necessarily have anything to do with which one is the dominant one. However the larger of the two would have a weight advantage when the time comes that they battle. I said when they battle, not if..because they will eventually and it will happen faster than you will be able to stop.
These are dominance based creatures as well as non-communal creatures and housing them together for any length of time is as I have referred to many times much the same as playing Russian Roulette with 4 in the chamber of your six-shooter. Not if but when.
I really do hope that you find a way to seperate them immediately before an incident happens like what you saw in information Germ provided you with earlier. It is not a joke and certainly not a risk you should be taking even with creatures bought on impulse.

That being said here is a link that will provide you a wealth of correct info about what Bearded Dragons require.

Basic BD Care Sheet- A Good Place To Start

Good luck and hope that you find them proper forever homes soon!

Latest posts