• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Breeder Section Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAJA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We have talked about it for a long time and finally decided to bring it to fruition ... a breeder specific section to our forum.

This is more than just another board to chat in, mybeardie.com is creating a "Recommended Breeder" program. For quite some time we have requested breeders not advertise their beardies for sale within our forum (you know who you are!). This has always been a tough thing for us as we always want to find good home to beardies, but struggled with the responsibility to the casual visitors to just get sound advice and not feel any upsell from the advisors.

Over the past year though, after many discussions and consideration, we believe it is time to support our special members that provide ample advice throughout the forum, but also breed healthy bearded dragons. What better way to get healthy beardies into the hands of responsible owners that already know they can count on this forum to provide advice to keep their beardie thriving.

So attention breeders! Please visit this new page on our site: How to Get Listed as a Breeder

It will explain everything you need to know about what is in store.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent! This should come in very handy for both parties involved, the buyer and the breeder. I think it can only be an asset to the forum.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Now you wait, Tom...
I think this is great ! I understand the reasoning in the past to avoid such threads, but I must admit... I think this is a positive move, not a negative one.
You have my Vote !
Janie

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a suggestion

In the breeder section and the classifieds section the option to edit our posts (especially sale posts) should be permanently available. Prices change, animals shed and grow, sometimes we accidentally put the incorrect parents. It should at least be available there (or be part of the paying membership)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Makes sense. We'll look into it and make the change.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Don't give credit yet. I need to find a way where this will work. The 5 minute edit rule is global and the parent of the rules. So, you have permission to edit your posts in the sale section, but it is overwritten by only editing within 5 minutes.

I'll need to do some digging and research to see if I can ignore this rule on the sale board.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
probably the easiest thing (not saying the best way) would be to make it a part of the breeder membership package to be able to edit posts. Whatever is doable though lol.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks, but it is not that easy. You do have rights to modify your posts in the breeder group permissions. However, the forum has a rule to modify posts within 5 minutes of making the post. That forum rule is global and comes first. I'm researching how the breeder group does not have to listen to that rule for the beardie sale board only. The forum software defaults that admins are the only ones who get full access.

I'll keep you posted.

KAJA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I had to rewrite the software as there was no easy way to do it. So right now there is an exception to the parent "5 minute rule" (Renee explained the heirarchy) for that particular board. As of now, any user can edit their post, in that board only, at anytime. If it becomes an issue we will have to continue the customization to only allow that for the Breeders, but as discussed there is nothing in the software that allows for that very granular implementation.

Please let us know if you have any issues...

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee/Kaja

When does the banner rotation kick in? Or has that happened and I missed it lol. i have a lot on my plate right now so that is highly possible.

thanks.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No, you haven't missed anything. The ones we have received do not conform with our site's banners and need to be formatted appropriately.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
No, you haven't missed anything. The ones we have received do not conform with our site's banners and need to be formatted appropriately.

Is that something we need to do on our end? If so could you email whatever instructions are needed for how it should be setup. if not and yall are doing it THANKS ;D

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi Guys,
I went to modify my 1 post as sold and wanted to edit my other sale post and it gave me the time frame warning, and would not let me edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts