• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New beardie

PattyVigs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! We just purchased an adult beardie from a pet store because he was being kept in a 5-10 gallon tank and looked miserable. After 1 day in his 40 gallon breeder he was alert, pooping, and eating like crazy. He started shedding and went I got home today I noticed that one side of his upper lip looks like it's kind of turned up??? He's acting normal and eating normally too...i have seen him try to rub his face on the reptile carpet so I'm wondering if he's hurting himself...has anyone had this happen before??

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1388965012491.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388965012491.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 62
  • uploadfromtaptalk1388965043787.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1388965043787.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 65

Sarah Kwiatkowski

Juvenile Dragon
Most likely the petshop had no UVB for the dragon so he has metabolic bone disease (MBD) causing the distortion of the lips. So he will need extra calcium to help. I'm sure people experienced with MBD can help further.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello.

I recently went threw this with my beardie. It's mouth rot. Took mine to the vet and was given iodine.

Mix 10ml water to 1ml of iodine.
Rub with cutip in outside and inside lip once a day.

My girls went away in 2 weeks.

Hope this helps..

PattyVigs

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for all your help...weirdly enough, his lip is fine again..then a couple of days later it was curled again for about an hour, then normal again. ..i think he's actually curling his lip himself lol

Latest posts