• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie Parents!

cole_schank

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone!

My girlfriend and I recently became new, first time owners of two baby bearded dragons. We are so happy to have them, they are irresistibly cute and incredibly entertaining to watch. Since we don't have much experience with beardies we aren't 100% sure what color morphs we have. All we do know for sure is that one (the greenish little guy) is a leatherback. I have attached some pictures and would greatly appreciate some opinions from you guys about what you believe their color morphs to be.

We have been looking online at some pictures of different morphs and believe we have a Fire Tiger Red Hypo and an Orange Tiger Translucent Leatherback. The little guy that we think is a hypo has completely clear nails and the one we believe to be a translucent has a black stripe down his nails. But keep in mind, these are just our speculations after reviewing pictures online.

Please let us know what you think!

Attachments

• IMG_0538.JPG
    IMG_0538.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0541.JPG
    IMG_0541.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_0543.JPG
    IMG_0543.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 52

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
WelcomeB2_zps513f1f4b.jpg

Sweethearts!!! Congrats on the new acquisitions, just hope that you are not housing them together.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the BDF Community! We are happy that you have joined us!!

Here are a few very informative links to get you started...

Basic BD Care Sheet - A Place To Start
Bearded Dragon --- Exclusive Care Info Library
Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart
Is Bearded Dragon Co-habitation a good plan?
How To Sex A Bearded Dragon

After you have read through the above links where most of your questions can probably be answered, feel free to come back and ask any others you may have!

As to your question as to what morphs you may have truth of the thing is that unless you have documented proof from a breeder as to the bloodlines in your new dragons then there is no way that you are going to be able to know for sure the pedigree and if you happen to have male and female and choose to breed them then you really will not be able to sell them as a particular Morph or Cross.

That being said they both appear to be very beautiful and healthy baby beardies which is all that truly matters, yes?:)

I am not sure if you are planning to house your new babies together or if you already have seperate enclosures set up for them as you should but if you are looking to housing them together PLEASE see the info on Co-habitation in the link above..Its really not a viable or safe option with these creatures.

Again Welcome and Congratulations!!
Mungi's Buddha

cole_schank

Bearded Dragon Egg
thank you very much both of you! we will go to the source where we bought them and confirm what we have since we hope to have a male and female but only time will tell. they are beautiful and i do want to breed them. I love reptiles and unfortunately skipped my beardie process as a kid. looking forward to learning from you both. thank you!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Awesome! You will find that the BDF Community is packed full of experienced and enthusiastic folks that are both passionate about these creatures and eager to help you and your dragons have a happy and long long relationship together! This is the place to get the right info to ensure that:)
Oh...and WE LOVE PICS ANYTIME! Yes we do...be sure to check out the Pic of the Month Contest! I am sure that you will be wanting to enter your baby's in the next one and I'm sure that with your dragon duo we have many great pics and updates to look forward to!:D
Enjoy and have a great rest of your evening!!

cole_schank

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes, we are sure looking forward to that!!!:) We will definitely post pics as often as we can! Enjoy the rest of your night as well!

cole_schank

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you everybody! Still a little new to finding everything on the site. I wanna see everyone else's beardies..

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Our Mungi can be seen and watched via his free live-streaming webcam feed every day from 830am-830pm Eastern Time and there are a couple of threads in the Pics and Video section with more pics:) Just click on the banner below and it will take you to his webcam:)

Latest posts