• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Beardie parent

Brandi M.

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey everyone! We have a two cats, three guinea pigs, and now a Beardie. It's been a longing to be Beardie parent ever since I was introduced to them twelve years ago. It's just never been the right time.

Well... funny thing is we went to the pets should today and I always look at them. And this cute little thing was as close to the glass as could be.. every direction I went it went.. it was even dancing with me!!! My husband caved (he wanted a gecko) and let me get it. We named it Jedi. Silly I know!!

So about me! I love animals, I always have always will. We are pretty nerdy/geeky, there is typically not a day that does by that there is not a star wars or star trek reference.

I don't know what else to say.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome - click on the links below for some awesome information on beardies. your husband will come around - you can actually interact with beardies. geckos - well, not so much. excited for you !! we love pictures ---

Brandi M.

Bearded Dragon Egg
2d0f2245bfb007d1e7ee1aac51171cba.jpg

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
adorable !! a point for your consideration - remove the uneaten crickets from his tank. they can actually irritate your beardies skin and possibly cause an infection. you might want to consider feeding him in a separate enclosure to avoid having to clean them out and - they can hide under the carpet and in the hide. you can use a large Rubbermaid container or just a cardboard box. I have an old fish tank (I don't feed crickets often, but when I do ---)

Brandi M.

Bearded Dragon Egg
I had literally just dumped the crickets in his tank when I took the picture!! I think it's cute when Jedi goes into hunt mode and whips his tail up! Have you seen Beardies drown their meal worms? Jedi did that today to!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congratulations on Jedi very cute.. They are pretty funny critters for sure.
I would like to mention that mealworms are not a good feeder as they contain high chitlin in their exoskeleton that makes them very hard to digest for little ones.. In the links below some of our comments we have included food items and feeders as well as links to lists of other foods greens that can be given and how to prep them and how often the items should be fed.