• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Baby and questions

CitrusStoli

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry to bogart the thread,but help me for a second. Do you think the dubias might be causing him some issues, he goes everyday but I'm just wondering if they are slowing him down appetite wise? I don't want crickets, I will order silkies or phoenix worms, but prefer to stay away from crickets, he liked them,but it got to the point where more were dying than I was being able to feed him in one day. Just let me know, I want mine to be happy and healthy too.

jrv4babies

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! Hoping you are still on here and active. I got a baby beardie for my classroom. Have had her home the last 3 weeks, but plan on bringing her in and setting her up on Monday when we return from winter break. Hard to call her "her" for 3 weeks, but like you, I want the kids to vote on a name. I am worried about weekends...? What did you do? I will have the lights on a timer but am not sure a juvenile beardie can go all weekend without live food? I have thought about bringing her home with me on the weekends but worry if that is more stressful to her than it is worth. How did yours fair and what was your feeding routine for classroom life as a baby?

Paarthurnax

Hatchling Dragon
We are doing this exact thing with "Jim the bug eater" Bring him to school each day with a tank at school and tank at home. He seems to do ok in the car each day, we keep it warm and he rides in a clear tub with towel in the bottom. He eats with the kids in the AM and at home in the PM. 10-15 minute drive each way and being in the south it doesn't get to cold.

Latest posts