• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New addition

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My growing collection has been blessed with yet another addition, guys. I hope to upload some pictures soon, hopefully of the full collection. This specimen just arrived today and is a common garter snake (Thamophis Sirtalis.) I've named him "Apophis" after the Egyptian serpent diety and right now he's roughly 18 inches long. Healthy, active, curious and beautiful plus actually quite gentle for being handled by me for the first time when I put him in his habitat. The place I ordered him from must have pre-socialized him. His diet will include nightcrawlers, guppies and the occasional pinky.

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member

Attachments

• Apophis.jpg
    Apophis.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 22

Kathryn Kinney

Juvenile Dragon
He is pretty cute. Is he very fast moving? I am not a huge snake fan but my son absolutely loves them and I know in a couple years I will probably cave in.

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
He is pretty cute. Is he very fast moving? I am not a huge snake fan but my son absolutely loves them and I know in a couple years I will probably cave in.

Yes garters certainly have some speed but they don't really mind being picked up too much. Their pretty gentle too and also they don't have to eat very many rodents which freaks a lot of people out. They can be fed easily on calciuim dusted nightcrawlers and guppies that you put in their water dish or on a strip of paper towel in front of them. Good appetites. Also really a nice species for beginners :) If you would like I can give you a link to the place where I got him from.

http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/garter-snakes/garter-snake-for-sale.html

The_Genesis_Purge

Bearded Dragon Egg
Wow that picture takes me back, garters are lovely, their food requirement though can get a bit much especially when they take forever to get onto mice

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Wow that picture takes me back, garters are lovely, their food requirement though can get a bit much especially when they take forever to get onto mice

Yeah I was fortunate that the place I ordered him from already was giving him pinkies. I was also easily able to turn him on to small fish. He loves sushi :)

Latest posts