• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help with baby

50Kelly50

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi :) so, 9 days ago, I got a baby bearded dragon. At first we had a little trouble get Reptar to eat, but now he eats a few crickets if I take him outside. Also, he has been consistently eating salad. One question I have, can baby bearded dragons eat too much salad? Its not like he eats a huge amount, its just that he eats salad more readily than crickets lately. He is only about 5 inches long.

50Kelly50

Bearded Dragon Egg
Another concern is aggression. Today he bit me when I moved him. I understand I need to slowly bond with him, but I still need to move him daily to his feeding bin. How can I do this? Please let me know if you have any advice on taming and how to move him until he is tame?

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Never approach from the top, that triggers the predator response. Come from the front with your hand flat, he will probably lich you, then slide it underneath until you have all 4 feet on your hand and then move him.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He could be still adjusting to his new home and that's why he isn't eating as many crickets. Keep offering him them, maybe try something else like dubia, it's possible he doesn't like crickets at the moment. Don't worry about the salad as long as you are offering him bugs too he should be fine. My 1 1/2 year old dragon devoured her salad when she was little and now I can't get her to touch it. My 9 month old loves his and can eat it all day if I offered it!

Latest posts