• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need hands on help, proper handling of beardie

Vakisha

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello i recently bought a beardie from the reptile expo in tinley. He is so scared of us right now. Ive had him for a few minths now. When i first got him i had no problem picking him up now im scared because hes scared. Do you knkw of anyone that does house calls? I need someone to come teach me how to handle him properly

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Don't be scared.....

Is your viv open from the top or front?

If it's the top you coming into grab him scares him because you are now a predator trying to eat him.... Try placing your hand flat on the ground and slide it under him.......

If it's a front opening tank same thing slide under him.... Try not to grab him from above..... That's what predators do....

Also lay your hand flat on the ground and with tweezers and a super worm or whatever coax him onto your hand.... Had to do this with one of mine for over a week before he trusted I wasn't gonna hurt him....

Good luck... Keep us posted

Latest posts