• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Tarantulas

bookac

Hatchling Dragon
I would like to share my other 5 pets :)

9e6c24b234965910a3e3334bf96162ae.jpg

acd88e8e7b3432bafaa6def33ba290ff.jpg

39f12aaa3bf233413eef6647c7e765a8.jpg

4be3c8e11495e94dbc5c84b0537ffda6.jpg

32af2925fd9ab51e3635c022610667ce.jpg

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
That's so cool! Would I be able to use this for them?
5b9baad55a46d28b91ed2fa922264fff.jpg

Minus the rocks, I am just curious. I really doubt I'd be able to adopt one until I move out but I am curious

bookac

Hatchling Dragon
That's so cool! Would I be able to use this for them?
5b9baad55a46d28b91ed2fa922264fff.jpg

Minus the rocks, I am just curious. I really doubt I'd be able to adopt one until I move out but I am curious
Yes you can use this for a enclosure, but you will need to add a bit more substrate, so the height can be lower. Because if you get a terrestrial tarantula, they can fall from the sides and hurt them self. They are not a good climbers.
Also the size of the enclosure needs to be at least double the size of the Tarantula's legspan in both depth and width dimensions. But the height should never go higher than the size of one legspan :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm with Patsy they are interesting critters but I'm not a spider fan at all they really give me the creepy crawlies... lol Do you handle them at all?

bookac

Hatchling Dragon
I'm with Patsy they are interesting critters but I'm not a spider fan at all they really give me the creepy crawlies... lol Do you handle them at all?
Thanks for the nice words[emoji14]
Handling tarantulas is not recomended, because they and you can get hurt by mistake.. And they are not getting anything from the handle, but just stress.. And its not worth it at all..

I have tried to handle two of them, just to see how it feels, in case I need to pick them up by the hand. But I will not handle them just for fun and showing off :)

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's kinda what I was thinking.. I once worked in a pet store and the rose haired got out and a customer came to me saying there's a big spider on the floor rearing up and hissing.. I went and looked and it was Rosie and she was pissed, I told our manager who loved them she said well just pick her up I said NO way she is pissed not a chance lol she just calmly let Rosie crawl up and she put her back ... OMG sorry can't do spiders lol

Latest posts