• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My new dragon

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello. My dragon died like a month or two ago and I just bought a new baby beardie. So far she seems to like some crickets, some Phoenix worms and she absolutely loves Dubia Roaches. She goes into a feeding frenzy for them.
Where should I begin in raising her. My last beardie for the most part fed on super worms and wax worms.
Where should I begin with my new dragon. I figure now is the time to raise her on other foods such as veggies and fruits. Any help is great. Thanks.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello. My dragon died like a month or two ago and I just bought a new baby beardie. So far she seems to like some crickets, some Phoenix worms and she absolutely loves Dubia Roaches. She goes into a feeding frenzy for them.
Where should I begin in raising her. My last beardie for the most part fed on super worms and wax worms.
Where should I begin with my new dragon. I figure now is the time to raise her on other foods such as veggies and fruits. Any help is great. Thanks.
I am sorry to hear about your dragon - do you know what the dragon passed from? If you don't I hope you sanitized the tank before putting the new dragon in it-
First thing is the surface basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- the next thing is you need a good uvb No coils they are a health hazard and will cause all kinds of health issues - it's good hes eating you should be offering fresh salads as well use your Phoenix worms as salad toppers / lures to the salad bowl- if your uvb and surface basking temps are not in par he will quit eating all together

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am sorry to hear about your dragon - do you know what the dragon passed from? If you don't I hope you sanitized the tank before putting the new dragon in it-
First thing is the surface basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- the next thing is you need a good uvb No coils they are a health hazard and will cause all kinds of health issues - it's good hes eating you should be offering fresh salads as well use your Phoenix worms as salad toppers / lures to the salad bowl- if your uvb and surface basking temps are not in par he will quit eating all together
I’m not sure what contributed to her passing. I thought she was just catching some rays under the basking bulb. But it turns out she hadn’t moved in like a day or two.

Before I bought my new beardie I did a major spring cleaning of the terrarium. I have all the proper lighting for her; basking and UVB bulbs are up to par.
What fruits and veggies should I try feeding her first?
I‘ve read kale is a kinda staple. Thanks much.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’m not sure what contributed to her passing. I thought she was just catching some rays under the basking bulb. But it turns out she hadn’t moved in like a day or two.

Before I bought my new beardie I did a major spring cleaning of the terrarium. I have all the proper lighting for her; basking and UVB bulbs are up to par.
What fruits and veggies should I try feeding her first?
I‘ve read kale is a kinda staple. Thanks much.
Here is a website for nutrition http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html
ignore the kale info it is outdated and a good staple
She needs insects 2-3 time per day for now dusted only ONE time per feeding calcium D3 5 x per week lightly coated vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week dusted only ONE time per feeding lightly coated - if your feeding the phoenix worms do not dust them but the dubias please dust and crickets as well - shes gonna go for the insects first you want her eating some salad - you can rinse the greens before serving so shes getting hydration and I would use the phoenix worms on top to lure her to the bowl - use as many as you want and follow up like a hr or so later w/ your dubias - put them in the salad bowl as well -
what are you using for a UVB? this is crucial --- where is it placed? inside the tank or top of screen? the screen will block approx 30% of the rays so this is imperative its set up correctly

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Basking temp is like 93° 25% humidity. I had to use a lower wattage bulb because it’s all that was available at the time. But I have a higher wattage bulb to get the temp up to 105-110° if need be.

UVB is
82° 31% humidity

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Basking temp is like 93° 25% humidity. I had to use a lower wattage bulb because it’s all that was available at the time. But I have a higher wattage bulb to get the temp up to 105-110° if need be.

UVB is
82° 31% humidity
UVB is
82° 31% humidity what is this? UVB should not be a coil and they do not emit a lot of heat they are not to provide heat - humidity should be taken w/ a digital probe hygrometer analogs are inaccurate--- surface basking temps should be 105-110 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- you need this for his digestion to start - UVB helps the dragon absorb / synthesize the calcium hes ingesting- if the UVB is inadequate he will not be able to do this and develop MBD and other health issues

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello. The UVB is a Reptisun 10.0 F39T5/REPT.
I think this is the uvb you said to go with. Though not sure
The UVB is mounted centered, flush against the right of the ceiling. The mounted height is 2ft.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello. The UVB is a Reptisun 10.0 F39T5/REPT.
I think this is the uvb you said to go with. Though not sure
The UVB is mounted centered, flush against the right of the ceiling. The mounted height is 2ft.
Yes good bulb but the distance is too far inside the tank it needs to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor piece-- please change the bulb out in 10-11 months

dragonscales

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello. Here a pic of the UVB. Does it look okay? It’s mounted center of the celing.

Attachments

• EECAA472-7CE2-4164-BE84-BC0DC34BCED9.jpeg
    EECAA472-7CE2-4164-BE84-BC0DC34BCED9.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello. Here a pic of the UVB. Does it look okay? It’s mounted center of the celing.
What is the distance from the platform to the uvb? I would get another piece of decor place in the middle of the tank 12-15 inches for a T 5

Latest posts