• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My New Beardie!

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
I am going to order my new dragon on Monday. She is a Leatherback Double Het born in Decemeber. Her genetics seem rather impressive to me. Its mother was a Leatherback Trans Hypo from a Double Het. Yellow Citrus Tiger/Orange Hypo. Leatherback Het. Trans. x Cawley Red Leatherback/Red Trans. Het. Hypo.. Its father was a Paradox Double Het (Proven). I can't wait to get her XD. What do ya'll think?

Attachments

• beardie.jpg
    beardie.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 65

DragonHeart

Bearded Dragon Egg
i dont no much about the different types, but that is pretty cool :) if i posted a picture of my dragons patterns and colour do you think you would be able to tell me what you think she is? wont be as impresive but im curious :D

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
There isn't too much you can determine without knowing the genetics unless it is a vibrantly obvious hypo or super bloodline. About the easiest thing to tell by looking is whether or not it is a leatherback. Unless you bought it from a breeder than it is likely just a standard beardie

DragonHeart

Bearded Dragon Egg
i got it from discount koi and aquatics reptile house in stoke so probably is, shes quite yellow any cool names for that? lol

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
There are some breeders that call their high yellow dragons Citrus or Yellow Sandfire but those names are specific to certain breeders genetic lines. This attached pic is the mother of my beardie and part of the Citrus bloodline

Attachments

• citrus.jpg
    citrus.jpg
    165.9 KB · Views: 60

DragonHeart

Bearded Dragon Egg
yeah she looks nothing like that, yours looks much smoother and got more orange than mine, ah well thanks anyway :)

DragonHeart

Bearded Dragon Egg
just a quick question, my dragons tail seems to be quite tender in about the last three inches or so, ive herd about this tail rott they can get, but is it possible that she could have just bruised it or something? im sure its probably nothing serious but just wanted a second opinion

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
You would need to ask somebody with more experience with beardies than me to help with that kinda question. I have heard of tail rot but never seen it in person or dealt with it. Sorry :/

Pat B

Super Moderator
There are some breeders that call their high yellow dragons Citrus or Yellow Sandfire but those names are specific to certain breeders genetic lines. This attached pic is the mother of my beardie and part of the Citrus bloodline
Oh my....what a beautiful 'chunky monkey' you have!! :rolleyes:

Latest posts