• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My "little" Odin

boneless

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Since Amelia is honestly my boyfriends Beardie, I got a bit of 'beardie fever' and wanted one of my 'own.' We got him from a couple who have to relocate from Idaho to Florda. They adopted him from a rescue here called Reptile Adventures at Repitcon 2 years ago. His age isn't certain, but he as at least 3 as they got him at the same size he is now (18 inches) and have had him for 2 years without him growing.

He's a love bug! Loves cuddles, scratches, and attention. And he looooves his greens :) He goes after food like he's never seen any before!

Where his skin is brown in these pictures, it is because he has a shed that hasn't correctly come off. We're going to be soaking him in the tub until it all comes off. We're also taking him off that terrible sand today because we actually found mold under his food bowl in the sand :mad:

eAUjUsS.jpg

TsvJMAS.jpg

PU1qvhh.jpg

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Great job taking him off the sand; It looks great but the risk is just unnecessary.

Also great name choice!

boneless

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yep! Not only that, but for the last 2 years he hasn't had ANY proper UVB lighting :( He's been under something called a "Biolight" which the old owners claimed produced UVB (it doesn't). Unfortunately I believe he has MBD because of it, as his toes are severely curled. We got him under proper lighting. Do you think he might grow some more now that he is in proper care? He is only 16-18 inches or so (can't stretch him out to properly measure, he's a booger) and seems a bit small.

Also, haha, good name choice on your Odin! :D

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
How sad he was taken from a rescue and then still not given the proper care, poor baby :( He may grow a little more now that he is under the proper lighting and given the proper supplements and food. I would dust all his bugs with calcium with D3 for at least the next month. A couple times a week switch out with a multivitamin.

I would also get him to a vet for a checkup. The way his neck hangs is kinda concerning.

boneless

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We actually properly measured him last night. He's only 15 inches :(

We are getting him to the vet tomorrow. We already had an appointment for Amelia for a check up/fecal test so we called to add him into it. Do you think he's sick?

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
We actually properly measured him last night. He's only 15 inches :(

We are getting him to the vet tomorrow. We already had an appointment for Amelia for a check up/fecal test so we called to add him into it. Do you think he's sick?

Instead of speculating on things we can't visually see; I wouldn't worry until tomorrows vet check.

Unnecessary stress.

He is a LOT better now that he is with you; that's all that matters.

boneless

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
How did the vet visit go??

Sorry for the wait! I have had job interviews and been busy.

The visit went well. The vet doesn't think he has a calcium issue because his legs aren't curled and his jaw isn't soft. However Odin has been having diarrhea so the vet is testing him for parasites and some kind of sickness that they can carry or have that is similar to a cold, I can't remember the name.

He is also testing Amelia's poop just in case she was a carrier and got him sick or in case she has parasites. I've attached a picture for his toes to show why I was worried.

Attachments

• 20160526_145614.jpg
    20160526_145614.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20

boneless

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here are a few pictures of Odin just to show how great he colored up from the sun!

Lf91Xb3.jpg

5bg7quJ.jpg

WZJTgHf.jpg

33TV2Pw.jpg

jZtqv1c.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Gorgeous! Always best to check them all if one has parasites. Hopefully it's a simple treatment if so.

boneless

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Unfortunately since Odin kept his poop in for a bit we didn't get a sample to the vet so we have to wait until Tuesday for that :( He pooped today and it was a gigantic pile of diarrhea, that he's been keeping in since our vet trip!

It is all about little victories in guys as hard off as him, though.. so today we are celebrating the fact that our baths have worked and his old, stuck on, dirty shed is coming off! :Do Yaya Odin!

Latest posts