• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Birthday Gift to Me! Loki!

Savannah

Bearded Dragon Egg
He arrived yesterday morning and I've been letting him settle in, but I couldn't help but take a few pics! He is 4 months old and just a hair over 10" long. He's a hypo leatherback 100% trans. And he is absolutely adorable! He loves his reptiworms, but if i put crix in his cage first and wait until he eats them, then he won't be too picky xD. I've been trying my best to leave him alone but since he is eating so well I thought it couldn't hurt too much to hang out with him for about ten minutes. He seemed to enjoy it and spent a good amount of time closing his eyes while I stroked him. He doesn't like his salad yet, but I guess that's normal. Anyway, enough talk!

pkWpPMd.jpg

Wdh5EVg.jpg

Jb4SMaE.jpg

82SDthY.jpg

bh7aH6q.jpg

T3RyZ7P.jpg

i76TapM.jpg

Ku9g8un.jpg

RfX88Vh.jpg

y0w7RFp.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Excellent photos! Loki looks great. What a nice birthday you must've had! Congrats and happy birthday!

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
A few things I would change in your setup:
1. (If that is a water bowl) No need for water bowl. BD's will hardly if ever drink from a water bowl. Water bowls can cause unwanted moisture in an enclosure and then can cause respiratory problems with your BD. BD's should get most of their water intake if not all by gutloading your live feeders like crickets and roaches.
2. Your temp prob needs to be right on your basking area so you can read the "correct" temps.
3. How big is that tank?

For salads, I highly recommend Collard Greens cut to size of between his eyes. My BD is 3 1/2 months old and he won't eat any other greens than Collard Greens. What veggies are you offering him? And I would always offer him veggies during the day, every day even if he does not eat them. Repti-worms are OK however I would look into Phoenix Worms to add with crickets for a staple diet. If he won't eat crix, then go roach. Remember, he is new to his environment and will need time to acclimate. Usually about 10-14 days and they are settled in. During acclimation, he might not have an appetite. Handling should be kept at a minimal meaning only handle hime a couple minutes during maintenance and feeding if you have to (only during his acclimation).

Savannah

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yes, the bowl is for worms...and it works okay for the less active crickets xD. Right now I am feeding him Crickets and pheonix worms. The only two food sources getting offered or that I even have to offer. I have roaches but I can't feed out of them yet. My colony is way too small and I don't have any adults. The pic of him without his salad was taken RIGHT after I put him in the cage. Anywho, he gets collards greens, turnip greens, dandelion greens, squash, and occasionally alfalfa sprouts and peach this week. His salad stays in his cage from the time I get up (lights come on around 6, I'm typically up by 8), then he gets his bugs (calcium 7x/week and vit 5x/week). Then he gets a 10-15 minute bath around 4. I got him to eat some squash today, but I had to drag it around his cage to get his attention. He seemed to like it but so far he won't have anything to do with the greens. The tank is a 40 gallon. It was really all I could get a hold of around here, but once I move next summer I plan on building him a larger enclosure. As for the temp gauge, that one tends to be anywhere for 2-8 degrees off, so I regularly check the temps with my reptigun.

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
Cool. Sounds like you have pretty good husbandry to me. I'm sure If I missed anything, one of the Moderators will help out with some more info. Just ask around.

Latest posts