• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie won’t stop glass surfing

LordJake21

Bearded Dragon Egg
My beardie is about 3 years old. He won’t stop glass surfing. I’ve done everything I could think of. Switch to a bigger tank 40g to 4x2x2. Different substrates. I’ve tried lowering temps. They were kinda high before. But nothing has worked.
Any suggestions because I’m sick of hearing the noise all day long and my poor doors are getting destroyed lol.
I do let him out for atleast an hour or 2 a day.
I use a UVB 10T bulb
75watt bulb which reaches the 90 from basking
Romaine every day
Dubias every other day.

Dubias are new. I used to use crickets.

Attachments

• IMG_2946.jpeg
    IMG_2946.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2947.jpeg
    IMG_2947.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2948.jpeg
    IMG_2948.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2949.jpeg
    IMG_2949.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2944.jpeg
    IMG_2944.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie is about 3 years old. He won’t stop glass surfing. I’ve done everything I could think of. Switch to a bigger tank 40g to 4x2x2. Different substrates. I’ve tried lowering temps. They were kinda high before. But nothing has worked.
Any suggestions because I’m sick of hearing the noise all day long and my poor doors are getting destroyed lol.
I use a UVB 10T bulb
Romaine every day
Dubias every other day.

Hes got the spring zoomies --- they all get it and it drives us all crazy-- I would get his surface basking temps up tho 90 is pretty low for surface basking temps - 95-100-- the UVB bulb is how old? All you can do is let him out to run and get some energy out -- 2 hrs is good -- you can get him some super worms - horn worms- meal worms for treats -- those can be found on line if your ordering your dubias on line

LordJake21

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hes got the spring zoomies --- they all get it and it drives us all crazy-- I would get his surface basking temps up tho 90 is pretty low for surface basking temps - 95-100-- the UVB bulb is how old? All you can do is let him out to run and get some energy out -- 2 hrs is good -- you can get him some super worms - horn worms- meal worms for treats -- those can be found on line if your ordering your dubias on line
Ok. UVB is pretty new maybe 2 months old. I changed the bulb to a higher wattage to see if that makes a difference.

leticia carvalho

Bearded Dragon Egg
I use a UVB 10T bulb
Romaine every day
Dubias every other day.

hi!! i suggest you to do a fecal test, it could parasites. do u clean his enclosure often?

Latest posts