• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My beardie has a taste for human flesh, help

DragonTrainer1317

Bearded Dragon Egg
So this started recently after I was feeding my beardie (Ember), and she licked my finger a little bit, she has licked other people before but this started after licking me specifically. Everytime anyone tried to take her out of her cage she starts acting like she wants to eat us. She doesn’t black beard or head bob, no signs of aggression, she acts the same way about our fingers (and toes, and hair) as she does with a worm. This isn’t aimed to one specific person either, it’s everyone in the house who dare to touch her or be in the same room as her. She looks and treats everyone like food. I’m considering bringing over some people I don’t like to satisfy her craving

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So this started recently after I was feeding my beardie (Ember), and she licked my finger a little bit, she has licked other people before but this started after licking me specifically. Everytime anyone tried to take her out of her cage she starts acting like she wants to eat us. She doesn’t black beard or head bob, no signs of aggression, she acts the same way about our fingers (and toes, and hair) as she does with a worm. This isn’t aimed to one specific person either, it’s everyone in the house who dare to touch her or be in the same room as her. She looks and treats everyone like food. I’m considering bringing over some people I don’t like to satisfy her craving
Not normal behavior---- what are you feeding? How often are you feeding? How old is the dragon? Are you giving any supplements? Licking is normal --- trying to eat people fingers is not

DragonTrainer1317

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not normal behavior---- what are you feeding? How often are you feeding? How old is the dragon? Are you giving any supplements? Licking is normal --- trying to eat people fingers is not
We feed greens, sometimes cactus and other veggies/fruits (strawberries, blueberries, carrots, etc) waxworms, mealworms, roaches (the lil flat ones) I think it might be supplements because we started giving her more and she’s calmed down

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We feed greens, sometimes cactus and other veggies/fruits (strawberries, blueberries, carrots, etc) waxworms, mealworms, roaches (the lil flat ones) I think it might be supplements because we started giving her more and she’s calmed down
She needs calcium and depending on the age will determine amounts of either calcium D3 and regular calcium-- what are you using for a UVB? coil or a long tube fixture

Latest posts