• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Bearded Dragon Book

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you didn't read it in my introduction, I'm writing a bearded dragon care book. I have a "demo" version of it on my website free to download if anyone is interested. I appreciate feedback, suggestions and so on but please keep it civilized. I understand not everyone may agree with my way of raising dragons, but this is what I found to work best for both my dragons and myself.

http://www.regaldragons.com/book.html

cover.jpg

Here's the table of contents for what I have so far on the "real" version:

Introduction

Caring for Bearded Dragons

Housing

Feeding & Supplementation

Hydration

Temperatures, UVA/UVB

Behavior

Substrates

Bearded Dragon Health

Bearded Dragon Breeding

Raising and Caring for Feeders

Genetics

DIY: Custom Enclosures

DIY: Custom Décor

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
awesome that you are doing this. we need more up to date books on the market for dragon care.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
im trying to offer different ways of care and not just sticking to how i exclusively do it (although i do mention my specific ways too) and seeing how everyone loves pix im tryin to make sure i have a picture for just about everything i talk about...im a visual learner and also feel that with so much information people get overwhelmed with all that text and little visuals so i figured id put as many as i can

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
haha just remember theres spelling and grammatical errors and a lot of info i left out in that version...i must say the one im working on is much better

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
deffinately has some good information in it. the only big thing i would want to say is to put a lil more time into explaining brumation and how it not only affects dragons that are of adult age but also of adult size. many people feed their dragons so well that the dragon is of adult size sometimes at the 6 month mark. My male dr. evil was almost 21 inches at 7 months and he went down at 8 and did a semi brumation for 4 months. just my .02 cents
but overall awesome read ;D

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thanx brian, after goin over it again i actually did go alot more into detail with it because your exact thoughts came to mind....magellan was an early brumator too he went down at 8-9 months old....anythin else you can add?

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ill think on it lol and get back with ya ;D
ill read over it again when im not all hopped up on cold meds lol

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
crypticdragons said:
ill think on it lol and get back with ya ;D
ill read over it again when im not all hopped up on cold meds lol
oh thats always fun haha...feel better!

lizard_of_aus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Are you offering a special rate for forum members on the sale of your book ;D. Of course, I'd want mine autographed ;D ;D

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We are always enthusiastic about providing valid bearded dragon advice. To protect our forum members, we have a rule based on not outright selling bearded dragon items within the forum.

Forum Rules

This forum is not a classified center, but one to help others raise happy, healthy beardies. Please check with us prior to promoting products on our site.

Regards,
Renee

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:
We are always enthusiastic about providing valid bearded dragon advice. To protect our forum members, we have a rule based on not outright selling bearded dragon items within the forum.

Forum Rules

This forum is not a classified center, but one to help others raise happy, healthy beardies. Please check with us prior to promoting products on our site.

Regards,
Renee

nothing was listed for sale in this it was merely a request for input?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Renee said:

Forum Rules

Regards,
Renee
i posted this up for people to get reference from for free...im not selling this book

Latest posts