• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mr grump :)

Sandy85

Hatchling Dragon
Shrek has started being a little sleepy lately guess its because of brumation and today he has decided to wake up and explore a bit however he is currently looking out his window and following my every move only for me to walk over and him puff up like this
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413298182.923203.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413298199.841662.jpg
is it due to his state of brumation or is he just being grumpy towards me :/

Sandy85

Hatchling Dragon
This is what he is doing when I leave the room climbing up the glass what I think could be him possibly looking for me!?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413298999.512936.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He looks like he was maybe just stretching his beard a bit. I love when they look out their tank like that. How long has he been sleeping?

Sandy85

Hatchling Dragon
He's been on-off sleeping for about a month an half, he's been awake the past few days and going crazy to be out even decided he wanted to walk up my arm instead of been picked up today :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He just wants to see what he's been missing while he was asleep :)

Sandy85

Hatchling Dragon
Ha yeh probablys currently got him sat in the bath will bring him out once he has pooped lol here's a pic
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413555318.781759.jpg
another quick question with him being sleepy for the past month and a half will he go back into brumation or is that him over it for the year? Got to admit I do miss him when he's not up and about :(

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He may go back at some point during the year. Whether it be in a days,weeks, months you just won't know. Or this might be it and he will never go to sleep again. I haven't experienced this yet but I'm like you...I would miss them terribly if they were sleeping.

I love all the orange around his eyes!

Sandy85

Hatchling Dragon
Aw I hope that was it for this year fingers crossed lol yeh he goes orange along his sides and around his eyes and bearded when he's warmed himself right up under his basking light or the bath :) he's the best Xmas present I've ever received don't get me wrong he wasn't giving to me just coz I wanted one I had done loads of research and learnt quite a lot before I got him but still learning same with the horses I've owned and worked with them for years and still learning this site is brilliant and would like to thank you for helping me out with my questions :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You're welcome, glad I could help! This site has great people with lots of years of experience.

Dexter was our first one and she was a Christmas gift for my boyfriend. We had both done some research before we got her. He thought they got much bigger and wasn't prepared for the big tank so he started with leopard geckos. Unfortunately, they got sick and died so I started looking up info on beardies. Petsmart had a great sale on the Exo-Tera tank so we felt like we had to do it! We are so happy and also a little upset that we didn't get one YEARS ago. We are just in love with her. Then I added Luci, our boy, last Christmas. That's it we don't have any room for another tank!

Sandy85

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you I love this site :) your beardies are beautiful lol I like how you say there's no room for another tank ha I have four vivs in total I have two normal Leo's in one and shtct and a super hypo in seperate tanks my mam keeps saying she will get the spare room sorted out for a reptile room I'd love another bearded dragon :) she was saying yesterday how easily beardies are to train because I opened shreks tank and he walked straight up my arm then she goes on to say I wonder if you got another would he or she do the same so hopefully I will have another soon fingers crossed

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
We have 4 too! Other than the dragons I have 5 whites tree frogs divided between two tanks. One tank is in my bedroom and that one happens to have my only male frog that has just reached maturity and calls ALL THE TIME! One of my frogs is named Shrek! He was one of my first ones, we had Shrek and Fiona but Fiona passed away and Shrek is actually a girl LOL!

Sandy85

Hatchling Dragon
My 4 are called johnny, June, pheonix and my new girl which I've had for two weeks is called angel she's shedding as we speak can hear her rubbing herself against her hide lol I love frogs I like the look of the pacman frog :) bet there aint much sleep whilst hes calling out lol are you gonna breed them? suppose they don't really know the difference between male and female names lol oh and the novelty of being awake has wore of Shrek he's now gone to sleep in his cool hide :(

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Pacman's are a beautiful frog. I wanted something that was a little more active. At first I was used to his calling and it wouldn't wake me up too much, but now it's real loud and I have to actually get up to make him stop. I live in an apartment and I'm afraid someone is going to hear him LOL! I don't want to mate them I tried raising tadpoles before and didn't have success once they turned into frogs. Luckily there is a lot of work that needs to be done to get them to mate so I don't think I have to worry.

Sandy85

Hatchling Dragon
There some beautiful frogs available some real pretty colours amongst them to, I very much doubt my mam would let me have some at home lol lizards sound like they are a lot quieter to own lol :)

Woke up this morning to see Shrek walking out his hide to go and bask after a few days sleep

Latest posts