• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mouth open?

Stephen Vokoun

Hatchling Dragon
Had has been opening his mouth while he bask im assuming that means he's to hot? It's usually after he eats tho he'll just sit there with his mout cracked open sitting up. Any idea why he's doing this?

LizzyLizard

Bearded Dragon Egg
Could be mouth rot when he just sits there all day with his mouth open. But it's probably to regulate his body temperature. What are the temps on the hot and cold side of the tank?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with the above: check your temps if those are ok then he's just thermoregulating. If everything is normal eating normal acting normal and your viv allows him to move out of the heat all sounds normal ....

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thanks y'all that's what I figured but just never seen the old ones I used to have do it before!

My girl is a shy mouth gaper. If I walk in the room while she's doing it she will close her mouth LOL!

Latest posts