• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meet Hobbes! Can Anyone Help w/Color?

HobbesDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi all!
I adopted a beautiful little beardie (first time owner) exactly three weeks ago today, and it's been so fun! He (I think he's a he, but not positive yet) is orange-ish and feisty, so we named him Habanero (Hobbes for short, like the orange tiger).

I've owned other reptiles before and feel pretty confident about the care I am providing so far, but just wanted to do an initial post to get myself started in the forum in case future issues arise.

Also, I am wondering if anyone experienced with colors/morphs could offer their opinion on which one(s) Hobbes might be? He is really stunning and we found him at a pet store, not from a breeder (not the best option, I know, but we fell in love and had been ready to bring one home for weeks).

As you can see from the pics, he's got beautiful bright orange spots and sometimes even this luminous yellow/green on the edges. Any thoughts? And you can also see that he's gotten nice and fat compared to when we brought him home lol (top photo first day, bottom photo today).
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_1344.JPG
IMG_0802.JPG
Thanks everyone!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0812.jpg
    IMG_0812.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 16

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum!! Hobbes is a great looking dragon!!! Beautiful coloring for sure!! I am not the one that can help with colors likely citrus of sort really the breeder calls the coloring from the female and male. Going to be stunning!!
If you haven't already but you will find a ton of info here on the forum and a few of us have put together a few links that you will find under several of our comments.. they will take you to threads that we've put together on general care and other helpful information.
I would point out that I would remove any colored bulbs as they cause damage to their eyes as they see all colors and it keeps their eyes from reacting to dark/light. If you are needing the red heat lamp for heat at night you only need extra heat, as long as it doesn't go below 65F your good, if it drops below that get a CHE (ceramic heating element). What are your UVB and basking bulbs like?
Hope this info helps ya! look forward to seeing more of your baby

HobbesDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
Welcome to the forum!! Hobbes is a great looking dragon!!! Beautiful coloring for sure!! I am not the one that can help with colors likely citrus of sort really the breeder calls the coloring from the female and male. Going to be stunning!!
If you haven't already but you will find a ton of info here on the forum and a few of us have put together a few links that you will find under several of our comments.. they will take you to threads that we've put together on general care and other helpful information.
I would point out that I would remove any colored bulbs as they cause damage to their eyes as they see all colors and it keeps their eyes from reacting to dark/light. If you are needing the red heat lamp for heat at night you only need extra heat, as long as it doesn't go below 65F your good, if it drops below that get a CHE (ceramic heating element). What are your UVB and basking bulbs like?
Hope this info helps ya! look forward to seeing more of your baby

Ah, thank you so much for your reply!! I had no idea about the red light - so really glad to know that, and I can easily replace it with a bright white one for basking :)

According to my thermometer (I have a temp gun), my heat to cool gradient is correct, including basking spot and nighttime temperatures ... so I'm good on that front.

For UVB I have a hood with a ReptiSun 10.0 H0 bulb. From my research that was my best bet for his current tank size. Thoughts?

Thanks again so much for the info!

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hobbes is beautiful. and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name !

Latest posts