• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

MEET GALAXY;

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just purchased my little girl yesterday. I believe she is about 5-6-weeks old She is a tangerine leather-back and very cute i might add. Seems to be accumulating very good. When i first put her in her tank she sat 5-minutes and then dove into her salad. Very hungry for the first 5-minutes lol-and i gave about 5-crickets which she did not eat all-but a good start for being so new.She kind of waits for crix; to come to her lol-funny as she waits then pounces.and ate her salad again this morning. Her breeder was good at giving them salad. I have been very lucky to have 2-beardies to eat their salad right away. Will not be getting any other babies this is the two i wanted a male and a female in seperate housing. And before i'm asked NO-I will not keep them together and they can't even see one another.No playtime or anything like that. The only playtime will be with Mommie,one at a time.will post pic's at a later date when she's all settled in.PS=I think she is very young as she has trouble catching her crix;[ tiny crix;] i got for her. Maybe that is why she waits for them to come to her lol. Just wanted to let you all know and to see if there is any advice out there for a young baby that is smaller then Retro. Bella-aka-river-7-change of name=DYNASTY;

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am far from an expert, but my Aussie does the same thing most the time. He sits and waits for crickets to come by him, then pounces them! I think he's just lazy. He's done that pretty much since the first time I fed him.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Looking forward to seeing some pics! Glad to hear it!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Aleena; Thank-you and i will be posting pics very soon as i have a lot i want you all to see. lol-always amazes me. She slept in the corner her first night home and standing up 'What a cutie' she is just adorable.she was asleep in her salad this morning lol-i thought she must have been hungey for her salad and fell asleep in it. When i woke her this morning she looked at me as if to say-How embarissing [sp] to fall asleep in my salad.i always give them more fesh salad at supper time in case the want to eat in the night before sleeping. And they usually do. So fresh salad every morning.Thanks again Aleena; Bella-aka-river.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Just be careful with that, make sure she's not eating it too late, you want her to be able to digest it properly. I usually leave salads in there for 24 hours, but they mostly only eat in the morning, and never close to lights out time.

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi: Aleena; I basically give them fresh just in case there is a runnaway crix; that i have missed and they can eat that instead of her-i heard they will nibble on babies. Not too many get away from them as both eat them all up-but just in case lol; Thanks again for your responce-bella;-aka-river-PS she eats a little salad at supper time;About 5-pm Sorry didn't mention that Aleena;

Latest posts