• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mealworms vs superworms vs waxworms....

Beardiesrock84

Hatchling Dragon
So I recently have been giving Gordo mealworms, I've seen the protein/fat/calcium content of all three, but I'mm curious which ones people use more often. I just bought him waxworms he LOVES them! But I was curious if there is a preference besides just which ones they like better. It is not his daily food source, I give them to him as a treat once or twice a week. Opinions?

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
My Reggie is in LOVE with butterworms. It's hilarious. I'll put one down in his dish and he flies off his perch to get closer to it. Then he'll look at it for a second, almost like he's enjoying the moment, and then scoop it up. He'll chew on it a lot before swallowing it.

I don't have a large supply of them (in fact, I only have one left), but I like using them because you don't have to feed them and can keep them in the fridge. When they get that cold they kind of go into a suspended animation. I just take one out, rinse it off, and throw it in!

Latest posts