• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male and female

Mushu_Chevy14

Bearded Dragon Egg
I checked my beardies the other day and I believe Mushu is a Female and Chevy is a Male.. they were hatched between July 29th and August 7th.. they are together right now. How long can I keep them together before they sexually mature.? I don't want to breed right now. They are my first babies so I'm not experienced enough to breed. Mushu is larger than Chevy. Lol

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1410712178201.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1410712178201.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 30

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Not sure what age they mature but my male dragon is 10 months old and has just recently started to pounce on my almost 2 year old girl. She hasn't really shown too much interest in him. I don't house them together but they are let out in the same room at the same time and are now watched very closely.

The other risk of housing dragons together is they can fight. One may show dominance over the other and either eat all the food or attack the other. So that's another reason for keeping them separate.

Jet76

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I would separate them by 6 - 8 months old. Males tend become sexually mature around 9 months or so.

Latest posts