• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Making Enclosure

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
I am ready to start turning an old Pulpit into a large enclosure for my boy Tyrion. I just went out and got what I think I need I still got to get the glass for the front.

Supplies
1) 24 inch Fluorescent UVB Fixture and bulb ( I was told DO NOT use the coil UVB because they cause problems with your dragon)

2) Ceramic light fixture with a 90-100 watt Halogen flood light ( Basking bulbs are hard to get right temp and flood lights don't use as many Watts)

3) Dimmer Switch ( to regulate the basking heat)

4) Ceramic Heat Emitter ( Just in case it gets to cold at night)

5) Metal Vents (for air flow)

6) Screen (to cover air vents so feeder bugs cant get out and unwanted bugs cant get in)

Is there anything I am forgetting that I need? I know I need flooring but other than that is there anything else

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Just decor to climb on is the only thing I can think of you didn't list. I use ceramic tile its so easy to clean for the flooring. This is a great idea. I hope you show pictures as you build and the finished product !!!

Oh a thermostat to set the CHE temps. for at night.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'd also love to see some photos of your finished enclosure! Sounds like you've got most everything. I like using a rock or stone for the basking area as it retains heat well. I use branches for climbing and perching.

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
I have a huge awesome piece of drift wood I am going to put in there and tile flooring. I also forgot to say im having it hooked to a timer so the lights will come on and go off at certain times

I will for sure post pics as I work on it. I have been wanting to work on it for so long but it seems like one thing after another kept happening but I was able to get all the money put back and got everything I need so its time to start it YAY

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
The floor is not nailed down yet this is just showing the size of the enclosure area is 19x37x20 then down below that I am putting a shelf in and I am going to run heating pads and put my dubia colony bin on them and those will be covered by 2 doors with a lock so my 2 year old dont get them. the glass I am going to seal in the front and cut the side and make a door for getting in the enclosure to clean or to get him out. the fluorescent UVB will be mounted to the top and so will the basking light and they will be hooked to a timer so they will come on and go off at a certain time each day the basking light will be hooked to a dimmer so I can regulate the temp because I will be using a 90 watt halogen flood light bulb in a ceramic fixture I still have to culk all around the tank and make sure it is sealed and cut holes for the metal vents so it gets plenty of air flow
100_5396.JPG

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
I was wanting to give his tile kind of a pyramid look, What does everyone think? I wish I could figure how to make it look more like one piece
100_5420.JPG

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
I decided to do it on the side I think it looks a lot better. Just put some décor to show kinda what it will look like. I am going to screw a piece of driftwood to the side to look like it is growing out the wall but im still working on that. Right above the highest tile is where the basking light will be
100_5431.JPG

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
It is not completely finished but it is now livable. I still got to install the vent, it has screen covering the hole but it will look better when I put in the vent I have to still do some trim work also and right now there is plexiglass covering it until the guy gives me the ok to go get my glass but I really do believe he is enjoying his new home
100_5514.JPG

Latest posts