• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

lolita hasnt pooped in over a week

Nancy_alex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
so here is my problem... lolita hasnt pooped in a little over a week...although she just started eating again on sunday, from the stress of the move she hadnt eatin...shes still not eating a large amt but she is eating a little here and there.... Ive given her three baths massaged her belly in the bath...should I worry or is it still her adjustment period?...also I have a question abt her behaviour tonight when i checked on the open she had her head towards the light with her mouth agape...and she just left it open ..what does this mean... i read somewhere that it is like a dog panting and its normal...so is it???? thanks :)

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
they gape to thermoregulate
and you can try feeding her some minced apple it is a natural laxative and it will help to pass what is in the system if she has any kind of small blockage.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would also give her daily baths. Let her have a good soak for 20 minutes in a warm bath. Massage her belly. If you feel a lump in her belly, that is her poop that needs to come out.

Nancy_alex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I gave her a bath last night...and good news I woke up this morning and she had pooped...I htink she is adjusting just fine...thanks

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great news! Glad she completed the task at hand.

Keep an eye on her. Make sure she is pooping regularly!

Harley D

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Great news !!

I am fully convinced that the warm water in the bath helps them poop !!

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
glad to hear it all worked out! lol...get it?

yep, baths are key to getting things moving.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i bet you are asking yourself "why am i so excited about poop?" lol
welcome to our world.

athena

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
crypticdragons said:
you can try feeding her some minced apple it is a natural laxative and it will help to pass what is in the system if she has any kind of small blockage.
another natural food laxative that mine thinks is very tasty: baby peach sauce [hand-fed, served by dollops on a piece of green]
another non-food laxative [once they're grown] is exciting activity, such as putting a halter/leash on and going for a stroll outside.

Latest posts