• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lola Stubbs growing fast!

Jovamabob

Bearded Dragon Egg
We've had lola since mid January and at first she didn't grow or put on any weight. But in these last few weeks she's turned a corner and shot up! She was 3 inches nose to vent (tail nip) and 14g and didn't put much on at all. We switched to feeding dubia roaches and she has shot up! She was 25g ish at the beginning of the month and now she's 44g and 4 inches nose to vent!

The day she came home.
tumblr_n2l5smrBjy1qdzuh1o1_500.jpg

Now!
tumblr_n2l5smrBjy1qdzuh1o3_500.jpg

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aw she so cute. If u dnt mind me askin what happened to her legs?

Jovamabob

Bearded Dragon Egg
Her clutch mates bit them off. The 'breeder' housed too many babies in a viv that was too small and didn't feed them enough. Understandably the babies started to eat anything that moved - which was unfortunately Lola's limbs. She doesn't seem to notice though! :)
tumblr_n2uv7g3QAR1tr4rsqo1_500.jpg

Jovamabob

Bearded Dragon Egg
She can struggle sometimes but is mostly ok. :) She has a mix of smooth and rough textured rocks at her basking spot and she sometimes struggles on the smooth. When i first got her she'd not long lost the feet and forgot they weren't there - she'd try and grip on with her back feet, not use her front feet and fall off! I had to keep everything important, like food and the basking spot, easily accessible for her at first without her needing to climb much. She's doing so well now though we added in a hammock and lots more rocks/branches that she runs around on!

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Aw thays so gud to hear. At least she bot suffering from it. Happy day :)

Jovamabob

Bearded Dragon Egg
We haven't posted in quite a while as i've been very busy but Lola is now huge! She's 6 inches nose to vent so would be around 13 inches if she had a full tail. :) She's getting big and shedding so much now :) Shes still having one or two problems getting around, mainly with falling off stuff and not realising she cant use her back feet to grip stuff as they don't exist! She also seems to have issues shedding her stubs and the top of her head. She tries to get the shed off her head by scratching with her back feet, but her stubbs don't make it that far! I've only needed to intervene gently once or twice though when she just isn't getting it off, even after plenty of baths. She is gorgeous though, so much orange in her colouring now!
tumblr_n805jc3EuB1tr4rsqo1_500.jpg
tumblr_n7bhkttb711tr4rsqo3_500.jpg
tumblr_n804rtkkbo1tr4rsqo1_500.jpg
tumblr_n805m9HNlQ1qdzuh1o1_500.jpg

Latest posts