• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lizard Playdate! :D (Loki and Randall)

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Today I decided to take my Loki over my best friend Sarah's house. She has a bearded dragon named Randall, and I figured that a little supervised socialization wouldn't hurt anybody if I kept a close eye on them.

Firstly, Loki decided to be a brat and jump on the steering wheel as I was pulling out of my driveway. I guess he felt like driving or something, haha.

IMG_1858.jpg

After this he was a good boy like I knew he'd be, and just sat on my shoulder for the ride. I don't have any kind of travel container for him, so I was really trusting that he'd be good. :p

IMG_1939.jpg

When we got there, I put Loki on Sarah's bed and she took Randall out. I knew that Loki was big for his age, but seeing him next to a bearded dragon bought at the pet shop was just crazy. XD Randall is about a month and a half OLDER than Loki, and here's a size comparison:

IMG_1864.jpg

To both of our surprise, tiny Randall ended up being the dominant one! He puffed his beard out black and sat right on Loki halfway through the visit.

IMG_1871.jpg

Then Loki ran right up to Randall and started licking his face. I'm not sure what this means in lizard body language, but it was silly and I tried to get a picture. My camera was too slow, though, so all I got was Loki staring at him and Randall squinting his eye up after it had just been licked.

IMG_1868.jpg

And here is them posing for the camera...

IMG_1878.jpg

And finally, we decided it was time to go when Loki jumped off the bed and landed on my foot. XD

IMG_1870.jpg

The end! We had fun, and it was a nice day overall. It was also great to see how big and colorful Loki is when compared to your average lizard. XD It gave me a bit of a confidence boost.

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh, and I forgot to show this picture. It's Sarah with both of the lizards on her arm. XD Randall looks a lot bigger than usual in this picture, so she likes it. I think she has reptile-envy haha

IMG_1900.jpg

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Loki is very big for his age...very cute photos of the play day

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are so cute. Glad they (And you) had a fun day !!!

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great pics! Really glad Loki decided to play nice. That trip could have ended up in tragedy.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Very cute pics of your play date.
I hate to be a downer but I have to say this.
Just be careful. Big difference in size. If the bigger one decides he no longer wants to "play nice", it can end in disaster very quickly. Just always supervise.

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks for the comments, everyone! :D
And yes, I understand that there may have been problems. Randall was being an instigator and puffing his beard up and trying to pick a fight with somebody much bigger than him. Luckily Loki's the most docile reptile I've ever handled - he sat down and let Randall walk all over him (literally AND figuratively), and then ran up my shirt and sat on my shoulder, hiding under my hair. XD My hand was on him every second that it wasn't on the camera though, haha! I definitely didn't want Sarah's lizard to get eaten, that would've been a horrible experience.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like you definitely had things under control. 8)

Latest posts