• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Little Worms In Crix;!!!!

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi; All; i purchased 300-crix; from my usual supply place and i have been finding little worms in the crix; What are these things And are they dangerous for my dragons??Thanks to all that respond-Bella-aka-river

Pat B

Super Moderator
eeewww....If it were me I wouldn't feed them to my beardie. Who knows what they are? Call your supplier and tell them and maybe they will ship you a new batch for free. Then again maybe they are harmless but I wouldn't want to take a chance. Glad you are feeling better! :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yuck! Little worms in with the crix's. Are there these little beetles too? And what do these little worms look like? Do they look anything like this?

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR7G8g-QF2uuvrASVFVfFqjy1fiO0iqCq8813oMJZ-WE4iDirJMZLOVImML if so they're cleaner bugs and won't hurt your beardie or your crickets. They'll eat the dead and the poop from the crickets. :)

Who's your supplier? I heard Flukers is having a cleaner bug problem lately and my Pet Store I go to changed suppliers. All they got were more worms than crickets even if they changed their screen way.

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
I wouldn't worry about it, if anything they will help keep your bin clean. I personally don't like them but put up with them, as my local pet shop cricket supplier seems to have them with the crickets I get. The only thing I have noticed is they get in the way when you are trying to shake the egg cartons to get the crickets loose when feeding. A small inconvenience at best! :D

Pat B

Super Moderator
I still think little worms mixed with crix is disgusting. I hope I never have worms in my crix or Petsmart can take them back!! :D

Latest posts