• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lia's second infertile clutch in 2 months

Wellovelizards

Hatchling Dragon
I figured out why Lia has been eating so little and acting weird low and behold clutch number 2. The kids really enjoyed watching.
13357b56.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Really should have caught that & had a lay box for her or piled all the sand in one corner, moistened, so she would have had a spot to dig a tunnel to lay them in. You may have noticed her frantically digging around &\or glass climbing lately. They will generally only lay them out in the open out of desperation. They are nice and plump for infertile eggs, which is an indication that she has been holding them back for a long time ...

Wellovelizards

Hatchling Dragon
Really should have caught that & had a lay box for her or piled all the sand in one corner, moistened, so she would have had a spot to dig a tunnel to lay them in. You may have noticed her frantically digging around &\or glass climbing lately. They will generally only lay them out in the open out of desperation. They are nice and plump for infertile eggs, which is an indication that she has been holding them back for a long time ...
I did notice the digging and glass climbing. She has a few areas with piles of sand. So next time I should mound it and wet it a little when she does that? What is a lay box?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I did notice the digging and glass climbing. She has a few areas with piles of sand. So next time I should mound it and wet it a little when she does that? What is a lay box?
It's a separate enclosure you can use to house her temporarily so she has a place to lay her eggs. I use a Rubbermade Container with a damp soil & sand mixture. Basking lamp & UVB should also be provided during her time in the laybox.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
She'll perk up soon, hopefully. It's best to provide a box for her to dig in with moistened substrate that she can pile up and tunnel in. They can have health issues if they hold on to eggs too long.

Latest posts