• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lazy, depressed looking beardy, need advice please

Kat80

Hatchling Dragon
My beardie is about 13 months old, he is alone in his tank and I go to work 9-3 Monday-Friday. I leave him salad and hoppers. When I come home I take him out for a cuddle and a run around. The thing is he is so lazy he will just find somewhere in my house and lay down. The past few days he is under his hissing hole on the cool side looking depressed and I'm worried!!! I feel like he is bored. I bath him 3 times a week. Please can anyone tell me if this is normal for him to look so depressed.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Have you tried some Radio or TV on? Give him something to listen to. They love to have some noise, something to listen to that's not too loud, not rap, or some form of rap that can really irritate. Try the 70s and 80s. Cuddle with him before you head to work like wake up an hour or two early before you head to work. Talk to him. He misses you when you're gone.

I've placed a poster near by Myah's tank along with a few decorations outside the tank to engage her activity and browsing. She has a couple of plants outside of her tank, a couple of toys to look at, an eyeless chameleon beanie baby, a hope rock, another toy to look at.

Jet76

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Given the time of year it is, he could possibly be going into brumation. If your house ambient temperature has lowered then so has his. Mine are going through the same thing right now. In the summer our ac is set at 76 and winter the heat is set on 68. They pick up on the changes in temp. We typically don't change their bulbs from summer to winter so the vivarium temp will fluctuate. It possibly time for a nap.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Both of mine are down – I miss them so much!

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
So Phoenix is typically awake when I look into his cage. But doesnt leave his cave at all. I set up my gopro to take pictures every minute for when I'm at work. And all he really does is turn around in the cave, his eating is slowing down quite a bit. 2 poops ago was runny and smelly. The last one wasn't all that runny and not smelly.

I'm leaning toward brumation? Except for he seems to be awake when I look in the tank. So maybe he here's me open my door and wakes up. Or is being ls being really lazy but awake part of it

Latest posts