• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Layer of skin in ear broken

Char

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone! I suddenly noticed my beardie had some kind of thin layer of skin inside her ear. I only noticed because in one ear it got broken somehow?? Suddenly saw some blood near her ear, I've been looking for something sharp that could've caused it while she was wandering around, but no luck yet. Now I'm wondering if that layer of skin is normal or is that supposed to go away? Like shedding?
(Tried to attach photos but its superhard to tell... In the second one you might see that you can see the ear 'tunnel' while in the first there's skin over it)

Attachments

• 15897350429239190474154441545010.jpg
    15897350429239190474154441545010.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 226
  • 15897351024393116472049835869867.jpg
    15897351024393116472049835869867.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 231

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello char, there is meant to be a layer of skin in the ear tunnel to protect the ear, kind of like humans. It definitely isn't meant to be bleeding though and if it gets worse should be taken to a vet. Sorry I can't help more, I don't really have much experience with stuff like this.

Char

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you for the replies! I think I might wait for a few days and see how it goes and otherwise I'm gonna look up the vet ':(

Crabs Mcjones

Juvenile Dragon
I agree with the advice given above. Call a vet asap. There should be a layer of skin there, and if it's missing it could be some sort of bacterial infection eating away at the skin. Unless something somehow got in there and punctured it.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you for the replies! I think I might wait for a few days and see how it goes and otherwise I'm gonna look up the vet ':(
Hello, I know it has been a while, how is your bearded dragon doing, did you ever go to the vet?

Char

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, I know it has been a while, how is your bearded dragon doing, did you ever go to the vet?

Hi! So nice of you to check in!:)
I got really worried so I took her to my vet after all hahaha. The vet didn't really know what happened for it to get like that, but apparently she was all healthy and she said it should close on its own. I'm actually on a walk with her right now so I took a picture but excuse that she looks a little stressed, outside is a bit scary for her I think haha. But if you can tell, it's grown closed! Took about two sheddings and now it's finally all a-ok:)

Attachments

• DSC_0379.JPG
    DSC_0379.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 195

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi! So nice of you to check in!:)
I got really worried so I took her to my vet after all hahaha. The vet didn't really know what happened for it to get like that, but apparently she was all healthy and she said it should close on its own. I'm actually on a walk with her right now so I took a picture but excuse that she looks a little stressed, outside is a bit scary for her I think haha. But if you can tell, it's grown closed! Took about two sheddings and now it's finally all a-ok:)
That's good, she looks way better!

Latest posts