• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Layed eggs without substrate

zorothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
beardie suddenly layed 18 infertile eggs but not on sand beacuse she is hiding in her cave and i dont know that she is laying. Should i move her and the eggs to sand or i just leave her be until tommorow morning? i already gave her dubias, calcium, and water

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
beardie suddenly layed 18 infertile eggs but not on sand beacuse she is hiding in her cave and i dont know that she is laying. Should i move her and the eggs to sand or i just leave her be until tommorow morning? i already gave her dubias, calcium, and water
Let me have someone help you that is better w/ your questions

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Let me have someone help you that is better w/ your questions
Here is the response
If she's done just take the eggs out + throw them away . She may lay a few stray ones in the next couple days, that's normal.

zorothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
okay thankyou!! i want to ask one more thing
i gave her sand and other substrate before but why does she keeps laying her eggs on places that dont have any substrate?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
okay thankyou!! i want to ask one more thing
i gave her sand and other substrate before but why does she keeps laying her eggs on places that dont have any substrate?
I dont know we can ask this question to the one who responded before

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I dont know we can ask this question to the one who responded before
Here is the answer I got
Most beardies choose a sand/soil substrate but some will just lay eggs wherever. Most like to go in a cave so if they can't dig one they might go in their hide. Can you post pics of your enclosure and of the laying area that you provided ?

Latest posts