• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Keeping Crickets alive

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
Anyone have any solid experience with keeping Crickets alive? Half of the ones I get end up dead after 2 or 3 days. Here's what I do...
-I get about 80 of them and store them in a 10 gallon fish tank. (Sometimes I use the 20 gallon)
-they have a couple of dry egg crates
-a couple of cut up carrots, apple and soaked paper towels for drinking water.
-room temp is between 76-80 degrees.
Any thoughts?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Anyone have any solid experience with keeping Crickets alive? Half of the ones I get end up dead after 2 or 3 days. Here's what I do...
-I get about 80 of them and store them in a 10 gallon fish tank. (Sometimes I use the 20 gallon)
Any thoughts?
Are they ur typical cricket? I keep 50 smalls in this small probably half gallon container, maybe 7 die? They feed them romaine lettuce, potatoe , i have found carrot kills them (ive noticed some of the dead ones are completely orange in their guts) so maybe test that out) they also have some oats n roach chow, i dont give them water they do just fine getting it from veg , how are you keeping yours?
6380DC04-21F4-46B3-B4F3-BADAF1101A37.jpeg

Jrodkw

Hatchling Dragon
Are they ur typical cricket? I keep 50 smalls in this small probably half gallon container, maybe 7 die? They feed them romaine lettuce, potatoe , i have found carrot kills them (ive noticed some of the dead ones are completely orange in their guts) so maybe test that out) they also have some oats n roach chow, i dont give them water they do just fine getting it from veg , how are you keeping yours? View attachment 28293
Haven't heard that about the carrots so maybe I'll try taking those out. I used to do the potato thing but that's when I noticed they were dying faster... especially if I leave the potatoes in for more than one day.

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
Any thoughts?
way to many crickets (bugs) and i wouldn't feed them to a bearded dragon.

Latest posts