• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just euthanized my beloved Elliott

DrBwell

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
We had Elliott for 6 1/2 years. He loved being handled and was a great hang. While we were on vacation in 2018 our neighbor left open his enclosure and he was nowhere to be found. We gave up all hopes that he was lost forever. 2 weeks after we returned, our house cleaning ladies were working in the basement and doing some laundry. Elliott in all his glory was just sitting there as if he was hiding. That was a wonderful surprise. He had another great 4 years. The last 3 weeks he withered away; no eating or drinking. I tried pretty much everything that he normally would go crazy for. I took him to a compassionate veterinarian today and she found the tumor causing his malaise. I agreed to euthanize him and not prolong any additional suffering. Thanks for this forum and the helpful members.

Attachments

• IMG_9417.jpeg
    IMG_9417.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_9099.jpeg
    IMG_9099.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We had Elliott for 6 1/2 years. He loved being handled and was a great hang. While we were on vacation in 2018 our neighbor left open his enclosure and he was nowhere to be found. We gave up all hopes that he was lost forever. 2 weeks after we returned, our house cleaning ladies were working in the basement and doing some laundry. Elliott in all his glory was just sitting there as if he was hiding. That was a wonderful surprise. He had another great 4 years. The last 3 weeks he withered away; no eating or drinking. I tried pretty much everything that he normally would go crazy for. I took him to a compassionate veterinarian today and she found the tumor causing his malaise. I agreed to euthanize him and not prolong any additional suffering. Thanks for this forum and the helpful members.
I am so sorry to hear- we seem to be seeing a lot of this - we get so attached to them - again my condolences

Yvonne G

Administrator
3 Year Member
I'm very sorry to hear about what happened to poor Elliot. It's wonderful that he was found after escaping and that you had more good times with him before he passed.

CrazyDave

Hatchling Dragon
Sorry for your loss - I just had one pass on me and its hard. Especially as I don't know what happened or why she died and was only around 1 years old...

Latest posts