• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Just a quick Hello

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Hiya

Well I got 2 baby beardies from the same clutch almost a fortnight ago their 5 weeks old and very small. I know this is very young to get them but the people who had them wanted rid a.s.a.p and well I couldn't resist them! We have 2 older lizards, an Iguana called Ozzy and a Sudan Plated lizard called Louie, the babies are called Spike and Kaiyda. I've attached a few pic's their much bigger now ;) they've settled in so well I am shocked my older ones took about a week each to eat but these pair ate within 2 hours of being home with us. Hope you all like the images I have plenty more to share.
BeFunky_Liverpool-20120828-00341.jpg
spike and kaiyda.jpg 123.jpg

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
They won't be together for much longer I have a 5ft viv each completely setup and they will be moving into them in a couple of weeks, way before they begin dominance issues I have them in the starter viv together because I wanted them to be used to me, the house, the noise etc before I separate them. Their too small to be under that much stress so I chose to allow them some familiarity before they begin their solo lives (if that makes sense) :)

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dominance is not the only issue, but can set in at any age & more times than not, tail nips & other amputations are caused buy siblings\hatchlings when very young. Just a heads up ...

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you for the advice I will see how they reach later today in their own viv's. I watch them closely they just appear to ignore each other most of the day, when one sleeps the other plays.

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Oh my goodness they are SO tiny and adorable!!!!!!!! Congratulations on your new babies! They are precious! I got my beardie pretty young too, but not THAT young. You are brave to take on the challenge of taking care of such young beardies, I would be so afraid because you have to be so careful when their that young. Welcome to the forum and ask anything on your mind! I worry constantly about my beardie and even if I think a question is simple or silly I ask anyways because everyone here is very supportive and understanding! :)

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you. They are very small ;) but they are worth every second of the extra time spent on them I love all of my lizards but these pair are special to me these are mine from practically birth I hope they will grow to love me as I them :) they will have everything their hearts desire just like Louie and Oz

Pat B

Super Moderator
Absolutely beautiful beardies!! And yes....they are tiny but you seem to have a good handle on what you are doing. I would definitely separate as soon as possible. It only takes a heartbeat. Come back often and there is no such thing as a stupid question....trust me on that one!! :confused:

Latest posts