• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Ivan Drago

kmiz13

Hatchling Dragon
Hi is he or she a smooth or leatherback my first beardy can't tell.
IMG_20231109_131702.jpg
20231110_084703.jpg

Attachments

• 20231110_084410.jpg
    20231110_084410.jpg
    773.9 KB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi is he or she a smooth or leatherback my first beardy can't tell.View attachment 34926View attachment 34925
Welcome ---- it looks like the surface basking temp on that piece of slate is too hot -- he has his hand up in one of the pics- please get a surface basking temp taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- 95-110 not over 110- I see you have a digital gauge in the tank those are good for ambient temps only --- what are you using for a UVB? Please No coils they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues

kmiz13

Hatchling Dragon
Welcome ---- it looks like the surface basking temp on that piece of slate is too hot -- he has his hand up in one of the pics- please get a surface basking temp taken w/ a digital probe thermometer- 95-110 not over 110- I see you have a digital gauge in the tank those are good for ambient temps only --- what are you using for a UVB? Please No coils they are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health issues
Hi I have a heat Lazar gun temp is 99⁰ I attached a pic of uvb is that ok

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231113_103524_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20231113_103524_Chrome.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 6

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi I have a heat Lazar gun temp is 99⁰ I attached a pic of uvb is that ok
The IR guns can be off especially on slate --- they do not give correct temps off of that material - please get 2 digital probe thermometers for accurate temps --- the UVB is a good one but you dont want the same length as the tank -- for a 120 gallon tank down to a 40 a 24" would do -- you dont want him hiding from the UVB he needs to be able to sit in his tank w/out hiding from it - they dont bask all the time under the UVB ---

kmiz13

Hatchling Dragon
The IR guns can be off especially on slate --- they do not give correct temps off of that material - please get 2 digital probe thermometers for accurate temps --- the UVB is a good one but you dont want the same length as the tank -- for a 120 gallon tank down to a 40 a 24" would do -- you dont want him hiding from the UVB he needs to be able to sit in his tank w/out hiding from it - they dont bask all the time under the UVB ---
Can you send me a link to temp probe you have? Ty is he a smooth or leatherback?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you send me a link to temp probe you have? Ty is he a smooth or leatherback?
I will have someone take a look at him
https://www.petmountain.com/product/zoo-med-digital-thermometer-for-terrariums
you want to get a digital probe hygrometer as well -- place the probe on the back center wall of the tank - optimal humidity 40-50% nothing under 20 or over 70%
Exo Terra makes them - the stick ons are not accurate
heres a link for one https://dubiaroaches.com/products/exo-terra-digital-hygrometer?_pos=1&_sid=ac857912b&_ss=r

xp29

Bearded Dragon Egg
Silkies are pretty uncommon and for good reason. They are EXTREMELY involved to care for, and without a very well versed keeper they suffer from just being alive. They have no scales and their skin is extremely fragile. They need moisturizers applied daily to keep the skin from drying out and cutting off blood flow to the extremities, which can lead to amputations. Breeding them can cause horrific injuries to them as well (bearded dragons breeding methods are rough)
In my opinion no ethical breeder would produce them. They are produced by breeding two leatherbacks.

kmiz13

Hatchling Dragon
Silkies are pretty uncommon and for good reason. They are EXTREMELY involved to care for, and without a very well versed keeper they suffer from just being alive. They have no scales and their skin is extremely fragile. They need moisturizers applied daily to keep the skin from drying out and cutting off blood flow to the extremities, which can lead to amputations. Breeding them can cause horrific injuries to them as well (bearded dragons breeding methods are rough)
In my opinion no ethical breeder would produce them. They are produced by breeding two leatherbacks.
I think I have a leatherback

Latest posts