• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this normal?

rwood93

Bearded Dragon Egg
He's been doing this for like a hour with his mouth
uploadfromtaptalk1411951379160.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He is thermoregulating perfectly normal. He's trying to cool down. Make sure your basking spot isn't too hot and that he has a cool side to go to. Also make sure to keep him hydrated.

rwood93

Bearded Dragon Egg
He is thermoregulating perfectly normal. He's trying to cool down. Make sure your basking spot isn't too hot and that he has a cool side to go to. Also make sure to keep him hydrated.
His basking spot is about 109. But the cool side of the enclosure is 87-90. I also mist him and keep a small amount of fresh water in there.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Cool side could be a little cooler 85 at the highest but he should be okay.

LOVE that you got a good shot of those to back teeth! People don't believe that they have teeth let alone sharp little things like that! My little one bit my finger today and it was sore for like an hour!

rwood93

Bearded Dragon Egg
Awesome and thanks. Yea he was totally cool with me getting right up to him for a few pictures

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Awesome and thanks. Yea he was totally cool with me getting right up to him for a few pictures

Mine hate when they are thermoregulating and I start taking pictures. They close their mouths up real quick!

Latest posts