• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this normal for shedding

rwood93

Bearded Dragon Egg
It looks as if only his tail is shedding. Saturday will mark two weeks since ive had the little guy and I have him on a routine eating schedule and he knows it. That being said hes getting huge. But only his tail looks like is shedding.
uploadfromtaptalk1412729529998.jpg

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yep this is normal. A lot of times they shed in parts. Tail, legs, head... etc.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yes they shed in patches. Want to see weird? This is my girl Dexter this week. She can't shed the whole back, just a patch that goes under her left front leg but not the right!
20141003_181342.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What an undertaking to only shed in spots but not others. Must be an irritating feeling for them!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
@Josh I always think the same thing. Dexter's shed today looks like a hard plastic shell on her back. It looks so tight and constricting.

rwood93

Bearded Dragon Egg
I noticed today that just the tip of his face is starting to shed as well

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1412817364999.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1412817364999.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 26

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Get ready for the nose plugs, try to resist the urge to pull them out!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
When they shed their face they will get these "plugs" of skin that hang out of their nose!

rwood93

Bearded Dragon Egg
It's there anything I can do to help him. I put him in a warm bath for a bit tonight

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Yeah, just like the rest of the shed, just leave it be and it will fall out on it's own. It's very tempting though because it looks so uncomfortable for them.

Warm baths are always good to help a shed along. Wouldn't hurt, just make sure he's dry enough when his lights go out.

Latest posts