• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this a rankins?

Lucas791

Hatchling Dragon
Bought him a few months ago, and still hasn't grown much! Thank you!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 236

ilovebeardies

Juvenile Dragon
I don't have much experience with rankins but I know my beardie stayed pretty small until the past month hit a huge growth spurt. She's about 5 months old. Did you get your beardie from a breeder or pet store?

DanielE

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Not necessarily but I dont think petsmart deals in rankins. Not that I know of anyway.

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
looks like a beardie. Rankins have much smaller, almost no spikes on the side and broader heads. Some Beardies just grow slower =] Petsmart does get Rankins on special order occasionally. But they are shipped alone, hence "special order" and rarely sell so they don't get them often. So there is little to no chance that you got a Rankins instead of a Beardie. Rankins are only ordered for the biggest stores and usually the same time of year, around September. And the stores that do happen to get one are well trained on how to tell the difference. It's not too hard.

Latest posts