• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is this a decent set up?

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
Where did you get it from? If you got it from a pet store take it back w/ your receipt and exchange it-- what brand did you get? Is it the fixture or the bulb? We need to figure out if its one or the other - is the bulb flickering when you turn it on?
I got it at petsmart. I have to wait until someone can take me as I don’t drive that far. It’s the Arcadia Pro T5. Came home from work to see her enclosure dark. Changed outlet to Test and it flicked on for a second and then off. Bulb wasn’t loose. Put her old coil uvb for now.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got it at petsmart. I have to wait until someone can take me as I don’t drive that far. It’s the Arcadia Pro T5. Came home from work to see her enclosure dark. Changed outlet to Test and it flicked on for a second and then off. Bulb wasn’t loose. Put her old coil uvb for now.
Shut the coil off- she can go a few days w/ out it- your the second person that has gotten a dud fixture that I know of- I thought it might of been a zoo med they had a bad batch out not too long ago as well-

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
Shut the coil off- she can go a few days w/ out it- your the second person that has gotten a dud fixture that I know of- I thought it might of been a zoo med they had a bad batch out not too long ago as well-
:-/ just returned it. They have none in stock and the closest store with stock is too far. Will have to order online, annoyingly the one I had ordered online previously I got notice they cancelled it today.

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
Soooo many people on the Internet have had this same issue with this particular Arcadia Pro T5 light!!! I was going to purchase it but after reviewing I think I'll get the reptisun!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
:-/ just returned it. They have none in stock and the closest store with stock is too far. Will have to order online, annoyingly the one I had ordered online previously I got notice they cancelled it today.
Do you want me to post some websites for you?

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
Do you want me to post some websites for you?
It’s available on petsmart a website and I have saved sites you gave Previously. I had a question for you, on the Arcadia pro box it says 14% for dragons. Is there a reason you recommend 12%?
I’m going to see if I can get someone to
Drive me to the reptile store before I commit to ordering online, they should for sure have it.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It’s available on petsmart a website and I have saved sites you gave Previously. I had a question for you, on the Arcadia pro box it says 14% for dragons. Is there a reason you recommend 12%?
I’m going to see if I can get someone to
Drive me to the reptile store before I commit to ordering online, they should for sure have it.
The 14% bulb is for tanks 24" or higher for height- they are a very strong bulb-- you want a basking height of 17-18 inches

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
The 14% bulb is for tanks 24" or higher for height- they are a very strong bulb-- you want a basking height of 17-18 inches
My order got cancelled again so went to a local reptile shop that was highly recommended but this was all they had so got it and it cost me way too much. Not even sure how and where to mount as it’s quite larger and heavier

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 19

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My order got cancelled again so went to a local reptile shop that was highly recommended but this was all they had so got it and it cost me way too much. Not even sure how and where to mount as it’s quite larger and heavier
Ok I looked at your screen it's a wider holed you can leave on top just get your basking decor piece directly under the uvb 8-10 inches- watch her behavior the next couple of days and let me know how she's doing

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
Ok I looked at your screen it's a wider holed you can leave on top just get your basking decor piece directly under the uvb 8-10 inches- watch her behavior the next couple of days and let me know how she's doing
Unfortunately can’t sit it on too, doesn’t fit with the basking light sitting on top. I’ll try to find fishing wire next week or I’ll have to cut the top to put zip ties which I rather not do.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Unfortunately can’t sit it on too, doesn’t fit with the basking light sitting on top. I’ll try to find fishing wire next week or I’ll have to cut the top to put zip ties which I rather not do.
Can't you place the uvb towards the back and place your basking bulb in front of it?

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
Can't you place the uvb towards the back and place your basking bulb in front of it?
No doesn’t fit the uvb is quite wide as is the basking lamp housing. I also have the infrared heat projector for at night. I’ll try a ton of heavy duty command strips or wire as I may have write lying around.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
I was able to install inside with wire I paced it to the back slightly to the right so as to not be directly under basking light. Have heat projector center and a bit to left.
Curious if basking lamp will warp it though. Waiting for new uvb bulb, figured out my power strip timer was issue and it blew out the new $30 bulb welcome recommendations for surge protectors and timers or a good combo of both.
You’ve been a huge help Sadie, Mimosa thanks you.

Attachments

• B7EFA6E3-FD22-4683-9752-995341B70FD1.jpeg
    B7EFA6E3-FD22-4683-9752-995341B70FD1.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 17

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was able to install inside with wire I paced it to the back slightly to the right so as to not be directly under basking light. Have heat projector center and a bit to left.
Curious if basking lamp will warp it though. Waiting for new uvb bulb, figured out my power strip timer was issue and it blew out the new $30 bulb welcome recommendations for surge protectors and timers or a good combo of both.
You’ve been a huge help Sadie, Mimosa thanks you.
Swap places w/ the projector I am am afraid the basking light is going to melt the UVB -- please move it-- or move it more out of the way towards the center --

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
Swap places w/ the projector I am am afraid the basking light is going to melt the UVB -- please move it-- or move it more out of the way towards the center --
The heat projector is only on at night. I had the uvb in the center but then it was directly under the actual bulb of the basking lamp which is hotter. This pics an inside view so you’d and see where it overlaps. Best I can do is move the uvb further to the cool area on the right, but she never spends time in that area. Or I move uvb all the way to the front but then it wouldn’t be near enough to basking area and would have to figure how to get power cord secured.

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon

Attachments

• C49AD81E-5965-413B-A10D-51B0831CF4CD.jpeg
    C49AD81E-5965-413B-A10D-51B0831CF4CD.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 12

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Did you watch it today? I dont want you to burn the UVB fixture up-- ok what you can do is set up two basking areas - place -- is the pic where you have marked the bulbs the whole tank or only 1/2 the tank?

Mimosa

Hatchling Dragon
Did you watch it today? I dont want you to burn the UVB fixture up-- ok what you can do is set up two basking areas - place -- is the pic where you have marked the bulbs the whole tank or only 1/2 the tank?
Yeah I checked it and it’s fine so far. That’s the whole tank, 40 gallon. The fixture for basking light is 8.5, May get a smaller one when I can afford it.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah I checked it and it’s fine so far. That’s the whole tank, 40 gallon. The fixture for basking light is 8.5, May get a smaller one when I can afford it.
Make sure you check wattage in the dome

Latest posts