• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Is my baby overweight?

Astrothebeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
So lately I’ve been concerned with Astros diet. I switched jobs and I’m getting used to a new feeding schedule… I feel like I under feed her and then over feed her at times. I try to keep a consistent feeding schedule 2 times a day once at 7 am and second feeding around 5:30 pm Unfortunately I can’t feed her sooner every morning I offer her greens and veggies and second feeding is dubias or super worms. I worry bc sometimes she won’t eat her greens and won’t eat till I get home and feed her the dubias. Other times she’ll eat the greens and not have a second feeding. I’m wondering if it due to my schedule change. She’s never been a very active beardie she’s always very mellow and sassy she very rarely gets up to explore or move around or play with toys I get her but when she does I let her go wherever she wants. I also noticed her beard is starting to get very loose and soft is that something I should be concerned with? I’m worried she getting a little too heavy. I’ve read that they should keep a slender fit ..Any tips ? She’s approximately 7months. And I’m not actually sure if she’s a she.

Attachments

• IMG_0061.png
    IMG_0061.png
    12.5 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0059.png
    IMG_0059.png
    10.2 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0057.jpeg
    IMG_0057.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0821.jpeg
    IMG_0821.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0532.jpeg
    IMG_0532.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0429.jpeg
    IMG_0429.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15

jabda

Hatchling Dragon
Yep I believe she/he gained weight! You need to weigh her and let us know.
For gender, bend her/his tail back until the tip touches the back.
1692705849405.png

Diet: if you're feeding superworm daily that adds weight. Their for treats only.

Latest posts