• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Introducing miiself & mii 2 beardies

Girlie-Twit

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi, my name is Krystal & i live in the Uk. Ive got 2 beardies that are about 18 months old & i have lots of questions. I have a Male & a Female & they have just reacted sexual maturaty. Dane (male) has been trying to mate with Llylo (female) for ages but we kept splitting them up cuz they werent old enough but now that she is old enough & its now mating season she wont submit. I dnt know what to do.

The Darker 1 is the male & the Yellow 1 is the female.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome to our forum. Are they in the same viv?

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi there welcome to our little corner of the world.
If you intend on breeding, I would make some suggestions. Do it NEXT SEASON. spend this season doing research research research. The reason I suggest the wait is that breeding is draining on your female and next season she will be at full growth and have some more weight to her. It will also give you time to know what to do when they eggs get laid and to figure out what you are going to do with 60 to 90 little poopers. Can you find homes? Do you have space? There is a lot to consider. So for now I would keep them apart to avoid them hurting each other. I am not just quoting something I have read. I have made these mistakes already. Sometimes I was lucky but other times my beardie paid the price for me not thinking things through all the way.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great advice, Tom. I wasn't fully awake when I replied. I agree that they are too young to start breeding.

Krystal, I think with any new business venture, you need to sit down and think out a few things:

1. What is your purpose in breeding?
2. Do you have the necessary materials and time for breeding and caring for the babies?
3. Are your bearded dragons healthy for breeding?
4. How will you find homes for the babies?
5. What if you can't find homes for the babies?
etc.

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i'm not a breeder, but i think they are too young to mate right now. let them reach full maturity. i've heard that part of the problem with pet store beardies is that they over breed them and the females are too young and tired. it puts out a poor quality dragon.

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi, i haven't seen an update. did you decide to mate them or are you going to wait a year?

Girlie-Twit

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hi & cheers f the advice. Yh they are in the same tank, i keep them in a 4ft - 3ft Viv. the shop that i got them from said that they will help with anything i need & said that they will buy the babies off me or keep & sell them for me. i have a spare tank to put the eggs in & my nextdoor neighbour said she will help out when they hatch. i have done alot of research & mii step dad has owned lizzards b4 so we know enough about them. the guys in the shop said that they are old enough to mate & he has looked at both lizards & said they ar healthy & of a good weight. we dont have a another viv that i could put the male into. they are together all year round, wen i bought them they were together so we kept them that way & we ent had much problem other than wen they are tryin to mate.

regarding Renee's post
1. i have no purpose in breeding, i jus dont know what to do about them breeding
2. as i said above, i will have help off loads of people for taking care of them & i have loads of time & so has mii mom. we can get all the materials f free.
3. the lizard specaillist in the shop said they are in great shape.
4. the shop will have them
5. i defo have homes for them

Krystal

beardielover

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hi, krystal. so, it sounds like you are breeding for the experience. glad to hear you have the help. based on wolfmantom's posts, it can get overwhelming with little ones running around everywhere.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
are you certain of their ages? they both look like sub adults due to their body makeup/size and their head/neck size.
i really doubt they are 18 months. but thats just my opinion

brian
cryptic dragons

Girlie-Twit

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yh im sure of their age. i got them at xmas 2007 wen they were about 2 months old. the male has stopped tryin to breed now that the female is bigger than him lol. he is still head bobbing a little bit no hand waving or chasing her any more. We think my snake might be gravid though :D

Latest posts