• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Incest beardy eggs

NickyAC

Bearded Dragon Egg
My female bearded has just started laying eggs for the first time, she has layed 12 and is still going. She is only just over a year old and has lived alone for over 6 month, prior to that she was housed with her brother, I separated them as soon as I caught him on her back. I guess even after 6 month there is a chance they are fertile. From a distance the eggs do look healthy, white and plum. Surely I can't hatch incestuous lizard eggs as they will hatch with like 4 eyes and 2 legs or something! I am just leaving her alone in the mean time to finish laying but I do have the capability to incubate them as I incubated my snake eggs last year. Any advise would be much appreciated
thanks

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome2c.jpg

Personally, I would freeze the eggs, just in case they are fertile to end any life formed, then dispose of them.

Reactions: Jp

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
Reptiles don't have the same type of genetic coding against sibling coupling as humans do. Though over multiple generations it would weaken their genetic code and possibly cause deformities, it really isn't that uncommon for a coupling of two related individuals to be completely healthy. The real question you should ask is whether or not you have the capability to handle a bunch of baby beardies.

Latest posts